Daily diary for PIP assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Daily diary for PIP assessment?

laceypeach
laceypeach Community member Posts: 35 Connected
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Pip assessment, 
Hi guys I was wondering if anybody else has wrote a daily diary and brought that with them to their pip assessment? I have mine in 10 days and my anxiety is through the roof! X

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, lots of people write a diary for evidence. The only problem you may have is the HCP accepting that extra evidence on the day of the assessment. It has been known for them to refuse, it's happened to me twice. Hopefully they'll accept it. Did you send any other evidence with your form?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • laceypeach
    Hello, yes I sent lots of evidence but I have nerve damage and chronic pain as well as  bipolar type 2 and I find it difficult to speak face to face with strangers and articulate how my days are different so I thought maybe I wouldn't have to speak and I could just hand the hcp my diary!! But may be it is not going to be feasable. I'm actually finding the diary writing quite intrusive and just the thought of sharing my day as frankly as I have in this diary hugely terrifying 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    You'll need to talk during your assessment because you'll be asked questions about how your conditions affect you. Writing the diary isn't going to help with the part of the assessment.

Are you able to take someone with you for support on the day? They won't be able to answer the questions but at least they'll be there to support you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • laceypeach
    Yes I will bring my sister with me, so do you think I should scrap the diary then as they may not read it anyways?

Thank you so much for your advice 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Do not scrap your diary. The HCP may not have time to read it and may also decline to accept it but it will be usefull if you don't get the award you deserve and need to appeal.
    You might also consider sending a copy now but it may not reach them in time although it will be logged for the DM to read
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • chiz
    chiz Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Hi @laceypeach
    Please take your diary  , you have nothing to lose  , my assessor took extra paperwork from me and read through it , she even commented she would type  the report  at home so would  add all the info before submitting my claim .
    Goodluck and try not to worry , most assessments arnt has bad as we fear x 
    Ellen x   
  • laceypeach
    Thank you so much all of you for your support. I will continue to keep the diary because it may come in useful. I think it will be able to show more than I will be able to say. I'm struggling with the worry that what if I'm having a good day on the day of my appointment and they assess me on that! 
    *huge sigh*
    Riddiculous I know because I pray for good days when I am able to get about and even out of the house 
  • hansrey64
    hansrey64 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I had assessment in Nov 2018 I didn't do a diary at all.
  • laceypeach
    Yes it is not a requirement, it was just something I am doing to help me when I have my assessment as I get very anxious 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Wishing you all the best with your assessment, @laceypeach. Do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can.
  • laceypeach
  • Oakwellreject
    Oakwellreject Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi lacypeach I had my wife with me at my assessment and the assessor allowed her to participate hope that helps don't know if it's the norm 
  • laceypeach
    Oh that's good, thank you that gives me hope that maybe my sister will be able to help speak to the hcp
  • sunnydays
    sunnydays Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Hi Laceypeach, I had my assessement just before xmas and gave another medical report at assessement and hcp worker was happy to accept it. Also my parents both came to my appt and were able to contribute in the appt. I found the waiting for the appt worse than the appt. So try and relax a little. 
  • laceypeach
    Yes it's the waiting that makes it harder because I tend to always go with the worst case scenario in my head. It's pretty mixed it seems on the HCP I suppose. However I definitely feel better having people to talk to about it. I am quite isolated so being able to write things down and have responses from actual human beings is great! And such kind ones too! X
  • sunnydays
    sunnydays Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    You will fine, i too have bipolar and anxiety. Its the unknown that makes me worse. Let us know how it goes.
  • laceypeach
    I will do, thank you.
    Take care x 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    chiz said:
    Hi @laceypeach
    Please take your diary  , you have nothing to lose  , my assessor took extra paperwork from me and read through it , she even commented she would type  the report  at home so would  add all the info before submitting my claim .
    Goodluck and try not to worry , most assessments arnt has bad as we fear x 
    Ellen x   
    Assessors aren't allowed to 'take it home to complete' if they have more claimants to see. The report is supposed to be completed before they move onto something else.
  • chiz
    chiz Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    @Yadnad hi the assessor told me she would type it up at home x
    Ellen x 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.