Has anyone continued an appeal for a family member that passed? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone continued an appeal for a family member that passed?

kiwi28
kiwi28 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Wanted advice please my brother passed away 6 months ago aged 48 being diagnosed with lung cancer after only 5 weeks . They stopped his ESA in  Nov 2017..he was appealing ...3June 2018 he passed away. He was treated apaulingly and it caused him a lot of stress and worry in his last few months .. not being able to afford to eat and live properly .I was shocked at how he was treated .I received a letter before Xmas from the government asking if I would like to carry on the appeal for my late brother as I am his next of kin .. which I.intend to .. just wondered if anyone here has been through a similar expierience please ?

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.