capita have sent me an evidence for claim's form calling me DR ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

capita have sent me an evidence for claim's form calling me DR ?

Lissy123
Lissy123 Community member Posts: 18 Courageous
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there, so we made a claim for my partner for PIP he is currently on DLA.
Today in the post, i recieved a letter from Capita addressed to me but with the title 'DR'
I'm not a doctor i am his carer, aswell as his partner. we never put that i was his doctor on the form, am i supposed to fill this in ? it is a factual reports form, they are closed so cannot phone them, i'm hoping they have actually sent one of these forms to his actual doctor.

Comments

• Lissy123
    edited January 2019
    Just found this
     https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/744989/medical-reports-completion-guidance.pdf

so it looks like i am supposed to fill it in ?

1.1.1 Why does the DWP request reports? When deciding benefit entitlement it is essential that the right decision is reached. Up to date and relevant information is central to this process. DWP may seek information from a number of sources  The patient  Carers, relatives and friends  Professionals involved in the patient’s care

ill just cross off where it gives my title as Dr
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Sometimes they request a report from a GP but this is rare. They certainly don't write to a partner/carer for a medical report. Is it a consent form to give permission to contact his GP? Although, this doesn't usually happen because you give details of a GP or someone to contact for further evidence (if needed) when filling out the form.

My guess, and it's purely a guess is that the form has been sent to you by mistake and should have been sent to his GP. You can take it to his GP for them to fill in and return it.

It's difficult to advise correctly on an internet forum without seeing the form. I'd ring the health assessment providers first thing on Monday morning.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lissy123
    edited January 2019
    Hiya , no it is a factual report form, which refers to him as 'the patient' and asking questions such as when did you last see the patient, info on treatment/therapies and support and also has a section for requesting fee payment from the DWP etc
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-factual-medical-reports-guidance-for-healthcare-professionals/dwp-medical-factual-reports-a-guide-to-completion#appendix-a

yes on the pip form we filled in his doctor and his Mental health advisors info if they required further evidence, 

You would think they might find it strange that the doctor they wrote too, lives at the same address as the claimant ? :neutral:

ill contact them first thing Monday morning, and will report back lol
  • poppy123456
    Do you mean a functional report form? If so then yes that should have been sent to his GP. He or you could always take it to his GP to fill out. No idea why it was sent to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Lissy123
    edited January 2019
    no definitely factual 

2.4 Personal Independence Payment (PIP) factual report

2.4.1 Background

Factual reports for patients claiming Personal Independence Payment (PIP) may be requested where the Assessment Provider believes that further evidence will help inform their advice to the department.

no me neither doesnt give you much confidence in the claim process though, yes i will have to drop it in to the doctor with a letter explaining, as my partner is housebound .

she already knows he is applying for PIP as she sent a letter of support, and knows that she may be contacted by them

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Call them Monday and enlightening them of their mistake, and request they send the letter to your GP whose address they have in your PIP application form. This may, will delay your award notfnotifican but your address details msy be on the return letter and could cause confusion.
  • Lissy123
    I was just reading back through the forms we sent back and in the original claim form (pip1) form, as we had to do ask for a paper form for my partner https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/713113/pip1-claim-form.pdf

On page 12, it asks who the main health care professional that supports you we filled in his doctors info, then the 2nd question is further health or social care that supports you. :- 
    Please tell us if there is another health care or professional or someone else we can contact who can tell us about your illness.  For example a community Psychiatric Nurse, Occupational therapist , support worker, Social worker, carer, or family member or friend.
    And for this question we filled in my name , stated i was partner/carer 

so i'm wondering if this is perhaps why it was sent to me, as i was listed as a person that could be contacted for further info perhaps.
  • poppy123456
    I still believe it was sent to you in error because of the title used "DR" the only way to know the answer is to ring the number on the top of the letter in the morning.
  • Lissy123
    yes ill let you know what they say when i speak to you them :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.