Pip assessment copy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment copy

jesspet1
jesspet1 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
hello, thank you for reading.

i have received my assessment copy today, from what I can figure out I have scored 14 points in high rate mobility component. With 10 points on questions 12 and 4 points on question 11, has anyone had any  Experiences with this is it likely I will get high rate? Thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,350 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes you can be awarded Enhanced mobility by scoring points in both descriptors of the mobility part. Usually they go with the report, it's rare to go against it. You will have to wait for a decision to be made to know for sure. Did you add the scores for the daily living part as well?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jesspet1
    Hello poppy, okay that’s nice to hear. 
    I have added them separate thay totalled 20 points and then 14 for mobility.
  • jesspet1
    Has anybody had the same experience when they’ve got the copy and then got their decision letter and they’ve been awarded the higher rate? Iv been waiting 7 weeks I know they have a back log. Just impatient!
  • poppy123456
    No problem. As i advised, they mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against it. I've had 3 reports for PIP and the decision went with the report every time.

There's no timescales to decisions. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. Christmas would have extended that waiting time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jesspet1
    Yes I totally understand it does take time for them to get through them all. 
    Oh really, so it’s likely from what Iv worked out is what I should receive, 
    im
    hoping Iv worked it out right!x
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Absolutely, in my 3 cases the report that came with the decision letter both agreed - 0 points!
  • jesspet1
    Yadnad, 0 points? It’s been suggested that Iv totalled 14 on mobility? Or do you mean you’ve reicived 0 points?
  • Fibro_Pincess
    Fibro_Pincess Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    I too have had 14 points mobility and 10/12 points daily living, but as the assessor bodged my report, I scored 0 ?

got to go to court to prove how ill I am 
  • hayles123
    hayles123 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Hii got my report back yesterday and I think I may of scored 0 too? Not sure how.. The assessor has answered all my questions with the answer A.. But then wrote things down in there that I do need help assisting with food and washing etc, I don't no how she has answered all my questions with A when some of my answers refer to D and so on.
  • Fibro_Pincess
    It’s beyond a joke when the report outright contradicts itself. 

For or several points, my report took words out of the criteria, agreed I couldn’t do them, but I still scored 0
  • hayles123
    really is a shame. Have you not had a decision letter just yet? 
  • hayles123
    I am hoping the decision maker goes off the information in the report and not the ticked boxes the assessor has done. I hope you end up getting the outcome you want 
  • Fibro_Pincess
    I have, I was refused. I had a Mandatory reconsideration and that also got refused. Have to go to court now ?
  • hayles123
    Or sorry to hear that
  • jesspet1
    I think it’s the not knowing that’s driving me insane, I don’t want to loose it all together but I also need the mobility so I guess the points don’t really matter on the report as the can change it like fibro Princess said?
  • hayles123
    Hi Jess I've heard that they go off the points on the report, but do you not think so.? I would like to think that they may take into account all the information on the report and not just the points that my assessor has done as they just don't add up with the comments she has written in my report. I hope it all goes good for you:)
  • Fibro_Pincess
    It is a ridiculous system, I have Fibro but I also depend on my partner/carer for my medical treatment as it involves needles. 

They ignored all all my conditions and focused on my anxiety. 

They even downplayed that ?
  • jesspet1
    Hello hayles123 I believe they do but I have read in other comments that they still disregard them and apply there own points? If they do it means I will get full mobility and care as I score 14 and 20 but as someone has already said they’ve got the points on there but when the decision was made they scored 0? 

Im sorry to hear that fibro, so what is your next action?
  • poppy123456
    It's rare for them to go against the report and they mostly go with it. I've had 3 PIP reports and all the decisions went with the recommendations in the report.
  • hayles123
    Argh right ok thank you guys. I just really don't understand how the have scored me A in all the answers witch means I am capable of everything but in her paragraphs she has written there is evidence to say that I need help and prompting to do things, and when I done the pip test online I score at 14 for the daily living. I am going to ring and complain about the assessor 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.