Moving home New laws January 2019 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving home New laws January 2019

aylasnan
aylasnan Community member Posts: 33 Connected
Am I right in thinking under the change of law this month, that as an ESA support group claimant with SDP entitlement, I can now move to a full UC area and continue to claim housing benefit? Also, will I still recieve SDP with my new claim? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    That is correct as from 16th January 2019 those claiming SDP will not be able to claim UC until transitional support protection is in place later this year. If you move your current benefits will not be affected. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2019/10/made

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • aylasnan
    aylasnan Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Fantastic. Thankyou.
  • charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    I claim SDP but waiting for home assessment does this apply to me . I amin a support group as well. Sorry to intrude but I would appreciate any advise
  • poppy123456
    Yes, it applies to everyone that claims SDP. You won't be able to claim UC until transitional support protection is in place.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • charlie79
    THE 3 YEARS OF MY ESA HAS RUN ITS CAUSE IN OCTOBER WOULD I HAVE CLAIM UC OR WOULD MY ESA CARRY ON
  • poppy123456
    Your payments will continue, unless you're found fit for work. As you claim SDP you can't claim UC anyway.
  • charlie79
    YOUR A STAR THANK YOU FOR THAT
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome :)
  • charlie79
    EVEN THOUGH IM DOING ASSESSMENT NOW WILL I HAVE TO BE REASSESSED IN OCTOBER AS WELL
  • poppy123456
    They can re-asses you at anytime. The time scale they give you doesn't mean anything, which i why they never put the time scale on decision letters.

Brightness