Petrified of DWP assessments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Petrified of DWP assessments

moodymotha
moodymotha Community member Posts: 5 Listener
My essential tremor was picked up last march by physio after a right wrist fracture.i was referred to a neurologist d.a.t and MRI scans as my tremor is resting and gross motion.ive been prescribed primodone.no relief from tremor but awful side effects.ive just had a p.i.p.win standard daily living.but they have stated my tremor as moderate I'm also being referred back to physio.as poss tennis elbow on my left.poss caused by the fractures I had in the left hand a couple of years ago.im unable to write ,draw,apply my makeup brush my hair.all helped by my 17 yr old.i feel completely let down by my pip results playing down my tremors.panicking also as I now have to get forms filled in for the back to work.id ran a small business online sewing.before that caring for my 41 yr old paralysed in a car crash at 21.and my 38 yr old breaking his neck in a bike accident.i explained also I'd been labelled agoraphobic since ,1987.but I made big steps and small journeys .in my home town.ive never traveled far.and I'm used to that.but again all dismissed as I made the walk to the pip center  a few yards from the car . my neurologist has taken my other problems into account.that anxiety makes my tremor worse.but I appeared not to be anxious.strange,i had my daughter with me for support.this isn'tabout all that it's about a gross tremor affecting most of my body and voice now .many say no cure many say take more meds.im not happy about the deep brain stimulation .as I woke from a pre med and fought the Dr putting the mask on my face .again my anxiety.plus having high BP 220/80 at risk of a stroke.i can't handle the medication for that.dwp are now wanting their fit for work assessment.i am petrified 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @moodymotha, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences. It's clear that you're coping with a lot. Do you have any support with your mental health issues at the moment?

Many of our members have been through the benefits process themselves and will be happy to advise where they can. Please do feel free to ask any questions, and we'll do our best to support you and point you in the right direction. 
  • moodymotha
    I went from free floating anxiety to not being able to leave the house.since those dark days .I manage short distance shopping etc ..but then the falls and broken bones started happening.that dented my confidence.i don't like speaking to people I don't know .it was said I wasn't anxious and spoke freely? I answered questions to someone I had to..I was asked if I spoke to people I don't know. NO I'd rather not.after the breakdown split my marriage.i had an abusive partner 7 yrs of violence .so laughable again as talking about these thinks I appeared calm.my stress relievers were seeing sketching and art.i can't do any of .I was quite happy with my little sewing venture on eBay then fractured my wrist..also previous fracture to bones on my left and being referred for tennis elbiw.not sure how I had a firm grip as both sets of fingers fold and one touches my palm .must be a magician this person .as I've never had a good grip .it goes on.im happy to get what I've got .but dreading the fit for work ..before I started my shop.id won against dwp for my agoraphobic ways .but thought no I've had enough.i wrote on my claim I had travel problems and couldn't use my hands .my tremors are such that I've bruised my eye trying to put on make up.so not wanting to blind my self .my youngest daughter does my make up .I have a good network of friends I've known all my life 
  • moodymotha
    I didn't write my forms C.A.B.did that for me .all messages on here are done by voice .my daughter's just pointed out a lie in the pip report.i was seen to pinch and hand over my prescription with my left hand.??my daughter had the paperwork and handed over the prescription details not a prescription.my left thumb was fractured  in two places after a fall.and us quite away from my fingers.so no grip there.id stated my go was referring me to physio as sounded like I had tennis elbow.id had a fall just before christmas.found the root of my pains fractured thumb again from the fall.so shows how far they will lie.but I wasn't alone .stated I didn't look anxious .I always do.plus the whole body is affected by my tremors.so how did she define anxiety shakes from tremors.plus we were both crying.my daughter because she found it degrading
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • moodymotha
    I did try the b.p meds but made me ill.the medication the neaurologist has me on lowers the b.p.eases tremors which he calls gross.so not sure if it's made a change to the b.p.as I again seem to have just the side effects of the meds thanks for the reply?
  • moodymotha
    I did get p.i.p but it's the back to work.assesment that I'm petrified of.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.