FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENTS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENTS

teejays1617
teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
A brilliant tip when attending Face to Face Assessments
When you get a letter requesting yourself to go for a Face to Face Assessment be well prepared
to get letters from your doctor outlining your medical condition and how your disability affects
your day to day activities
At my last assessment I was asked many questions ,one of which was How do I get on cleaning my home. I said " I cannot do it because of my disability friends and family do it or it doesn't get done "
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON THIS SUBJECT

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I disagree about taking evidence to the assessment with you. They very often refuse to accept evidence on the day of the assessment, it's happened to me twice.

The whole purpose of the ESA50 form, like PIP, is that you put down on the form exactly how your conditions affect you and send all your relevant evidence when returning the form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    My dr sent one when at f2f I asked if she seen dr report she said she Neva got one or may been sent some place else I said here take copy of mine that’s unfair on your case 
  • poppy123456
    They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence. The onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dotty123
    They asked dr for one then I had beg for one for me off dr x
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry I have to disagree at both of my F2Fs I asked if the acessor had a particular document and she said no and asked if she could have a copy made which she had done. On my second acessment I took extra information which the acessor took andgave me a receipt for.
  • Dotty123
    You had good one 
  • poppy123456
    A lot of people say the HCP refused to accept the evidence on the day of the assessment, which is why i always make sure it's sent with the form.
  • Marie123
    Marie123 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Hi I have just stared a claim for contribution based ESA. I already get PIP. I was claiming ESA before but was able to go back.to work for a while so stopped the claim . I have just received an email asking me to attend a new style ESA appointment and to bring 3 types of ID with me . This never happened last time I claimed . What is this appointment for not sure what to expect . Getting very anxious . I haven't even  received the forms yet and wanted to get someone to help me fill them in . 
  • poppy123456
    HI,

The old style contributions based ESA has been replaced by New Style ESA because all areas are now a full universal credit area. The appointment is just to confirm your identity and that's it. New style ESA is the same as the old style, just a new name. They do like to confuse people. The rest of the process is the same as before, fit/sick notes will be needed from your GP and a face to face assessment is most likely needed.

New style ESA is paid for 365 days unless placed into the Support Group and then it's paid for as long as you remain in the group.

If placed into the WRAG new rules introduced from April 2017 mean that you won't receive any extra money and your money will remain the same (£73.10 per week) Support Group new style is £110.75 per week.
  • Marie123
    Is it not really just a sneaky wee assesment though . My benefit advisor at McMillan said to be aware that they were assessing everything about your health,movement,ability etc from the minute you get to the door.Even they call it an new style ESA interview and only ask that you to bring in the ID and the  UCESA1 form.
  • poppy123456
    No, it's not an assessment because you haven't claimed the benefit yet. It's just to confirm your identity, nothing more nothing less. The form is because it's a claim form and you need this because you're claiming the benefit.

The work capability assessment will come at a later date and before you go to this you'll receive a work capability assessment form to fill in and return. This form, is more like a book and is otherwise known as the ESA50 form.
  • Marie123
    Thanks Poppy. Yes I've looked at the ESA50 form. Wow yes it is like a book. I'm not going to stress about the first appointment then . I will stress enough at the next stange Thanks again  
  • charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    You can also send any medical evidence via email 
    customer-relations@chdauk.co.uk and put FOA which area your from for example I put Wembley London Base. You will receive a confirmation email to confirm you sent it as proof. Also you can download the ESA50 version pdf and type then print if easier (I FOUND A LOT EASIER). If you need confirmation they have received evidence call the number on the back of the appointment letter sent not apts. The number is actually the assessment centres so its direct to them. I did all of these things i have advised and it made them look at my form and evidence. I received confirmation this morning that my ESA has been reviewed and I have passed paper based. The email gave me a chance to send late evidence which helped my case. I would have required a home visit which is different you having to attend, but it will make them look at your form and evidence before your appointment so they are aware. I hope this helps. Also Poppy gave me good advice to.
  • charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Also if you download the ESA50 PDF version and print it you don't have to type to fill it out you can write it as well. Its PDF printout has more.  The download version i found was on google CAPABILITY FOR WORK QUESTIONNAIRE.GOV.UK. i scrolled down  and will see ref ESA just click on and print. Sorry but I'm getting used to my laptop, and this is instructions someone sent to me when I was trying to find the form. Also you can print out ESA50 help form to help filling in.   
  • Marie123
    Thanks so much Charlie ?
  • teejays1617
    teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    At my last face to face assessment ,the assessor asked me if I had any doctors letters on me to support my claim. The assessor was well pleased i was able to hand over 5 letters from doctors. More supporting evidence I think helps give extra support to the claim.I realise doctors letters go with the ESA Limited Work Capability questionaire but I stronglt recommend taking extra copies of the letters to the FACE TO FACE
  • poppy123456
    I wouldn't advise relying on the HCP accepting any evidence on the day of the assessment. Sending them with the form is a much better option. So many HCPs refuse to accept the evidence on the day of the assessment. It's happened to me twice and all the HCPs i've had have been really nice but they still refused to accept the extra evidence i had.
  • Dotty123
    My dr got asked by them to send report when went for assessment they said they may have it in diff office so I said do you want mine she took it foto copies it she put mine in file and I kept mine x
  • Dotty123
    Types I poppy can you tell me our benefits are in arrears does that mean they pay you your last payment before leaving you penniless plz thank you  
  • poppy123456
    Yes, Dotty ESA is paid 2 weeks in arrears.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.