SDA/SDP? — Scope | Disability forum


System Posts: 734 Scope online community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Severe Disability Premium.


  • caterina1234567
    caterina1234567 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hiya - just after some advice. 
    I get esa and also both dla components at the high rates as i have MS.  I also get carers allowance as my children all have aspergers adhd ocd etc , inc one who claims in their own right as they are in their 20’s.
    Now i also have another child  who was still classed as living at home as they were a student but during term times lived away ! 
    How would i stand with the SDA allowance? Would / should i have been paid it / entitled? 
    Also my eldest child who claims in their own right and gets Esa and PIP ( high care ,  low mob)  They have asd ocd anxiety depression etc and can’t go out on their  own - should they  have been entitled to SDA allowance and also do you think they would be in the group who they are reviewing as they could have qualified for the high rate PIP under the new rules ? 
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated! xx

  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @caterina1234567, I'm afraid I'm unsure of the answer to this myself, but hopefully some of our knowledgeable community members will be able to advise!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,655 Disability Gamechanger


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.