PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Advice for tribunal?

SystemSystem Posts: 567

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Pip tribunal.

Replies

• noluckatallnoluckatall Member Posts: 19 Listener
    Hi all I have my tribunal on TUESDAY  i am absolutely dreading it any advice would be appreciated 
  • affii1993affii1993 Member Posts: 103 Courageous
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Wishing you all the best with your tribunal @noluckatall. You may be interested in Scope's guidance on DWP appeals to help you prepare. 

• lindadeniselindadenise Member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Be yourself and just answer the questions, my Tribunal experience was good they were all very nice on the panel. I was a nervous wreck but the Judge Doctor and Disability expert were all very nice. Good luck.
    I won my appeal its hard but i hope this helps.
    edited February 2019
    Be yourself and just answer the questions, my Tribunal experience was good they were all very nice on the panel. I was a nervous wreck but the Judge Doctor and Disability expert were all very nice. Good luck.
    I won my appeal its hard but i hope this helps.
    Well I had my appeal Tuesday and what a bag of nerves I was went into the room the judge doctor and disability expert seemed nice at first till they was asking me question I then felt like I was being interviewed by the CIA asking me a lot of questions and making me feel like I was frauding the system...I asked for enhanced rate on both didn't get one but managed to get standard rate on daily living till August next year every little bit helps but if I have to go to tribunal I will not be going....The system is [removed by moderator] the people who do the tribunals need to take some extra classes on how to be polite to people on the sick....going to the tribunal has scarred me for life
  • Antonia_AlumniAntonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Hi @noluckatall

I am sorry to hear what you went through at the tribunal. Happy to hear you get the standard rate all the way to next August.
    I can understand how stressful this can be, but please be mindful of the language you use in the community please.

Please keep us updated or if you have any questions.
    Hi @noluckatall

I am sorry to hear what you went through at the tribunal. Happy to hear you get the standard rate all the way to next August.
    I can understand how stressful this can be, but please be mindful of the language you use in the community please.

Please keep us updated or if you have any questions.
    Sorry about this I didn't realise I swore and thank you and ino a lot of tribunals are different the people who did it could of been having an off day I just feel cheated by the system and thank you for the advice of many members of this site their responses and advice was very helpful
Sign in or join us to comment.