renewel after tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

renewel after tribunal

jjdd70
jjdd70 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
hi all my husband won tribunal over 2 years ago and reading the letter it says he will be contacted 14 weeks before the end date to see if he needs to claim again it runs out in october 2019 and not had any forms yet but reading else where people have said its not a year now its 6 months before finish date for renewel forms due to been inundated with forms that's apparently since january 2019 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As he was awarded by a Tribunal then he'll be contacted 14 weeks before the award is due to end. Only those awarded by DWP are reviewed 1 year before the award is due to end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jjdd70
    thank you for the reply has anyone else heard that its cut to 6months not 12months for renewal forms from january 2019

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Hi it is normal practice for the DWP to review 12 months before end date but if you have been to a tribunal and they state on your award 14 weeks prior it means your award will run to the end.
    I am in the same situation as you after winning my tribunal i was told i will be contacted 14 weeks prior to my end date which is Dec 2019
    So first of all don't rely on them contacting you they say 14 weeks is enough time to fill the application forms get an assessment and a decision i doubt that but you don't want the process to run over your end date because your payments will stop before your decision comes but at the same time you don't want to apply to early and find you get a new award well before your old one runs out because if your new award is less you will lose money.
    What i am going to do is ring is contact Capita 20 weeks before my end date and ask how long is the wait time for an assessment is and then contact the DWP and ask how long are applications taking and how long decisions are taking after assessments this will give you an idea when to apply for a  new PIP award.
  • poppy123456
    jjdd70 said:
    thank you for the reply has anyone else heard that its cut to 6months not 12months for renewal forms from january 2019

They haven't cut the renewal from 12 month to 6 months, i'm not sure where you heard or read that from.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jjdd70
    it was on the pip/esa assessment advice & support group on facebook 
    this is a quote from someone on there it is not mine so don't quote me here it is
    {GOOD news....phoned for my daughters review date for her PIP end date JULY 2020, expected them to say review date (12 months in advance) July 2019...the DWP on the phone "hang on just got an email yesterday " read it out to me saying from 7th Jan 2019 all yearly reviews have been extended to 6 months in advance of end date....so my daughters now is Jan 2020...if this makes sense the way I have worded it, they are apparently inundated and trying
    to cut down on F2f }
    remember this is not my post its just a quote on facebook
  • poppy123456
    Those facebook groups again :| It's not correct.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.