I phoned DWP.. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I phoned DWP..

Cazzie75
Cazzie75 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was told in my award letter I have it as ongoing. I phoned DWP to find out what happens nearer the time, my PIP is due for a review. She said it'll only be a question, to ask how my conditions are, & if I'm the same or worse. Is this what's meant by the light touch. She told me we know your conditions aren't likely to get better.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Cazzie75   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

Please ask if we can help and advise. Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cazzie75, and a warm welcome to the community! If you have any questions about the process, you may like to post them in our PIP/DLA discussions.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger

Cazzie75 said:
    I was told in my award letter I have it as ongoing. I phoned DWP to find out what happens nearer the time, my PIP is due for a review. She said it'll only be a question, to ask how my conditions are, & if I'm the same or worse. Is this what's meant by the light touch. She told me we know your conditions aren't likely to get better.

To be honest I don't know. What I can tell you when others have had these review forms that you mention, the advice is to treat it as a completely new claim when you fill it in - assume the DWP know nothing about you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.