Will i have another face to face for mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will i have another face to face for mandatory reconsideration

Bevers1959
Bevers1959 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi ope u can help am having mandatory reconsideration, whilst on phone to dwp was advised that with evidence they have i should make a new claim, will i have another face to face thanks

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Bevers1959

Welcome to the community.

Some of our members may be able to help with this soon,
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bevers1959
    There is a difference between making a new claim and asking for a MR. What was their reason for you making a new claim?

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Bevers1959
    They said with evidence i have ,and a diagnosed letter i should make a new claim
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    They said with evidence i have ,and a diagnosed letter i should make a new claim
    PIP isn't about a diagnosis. I would advise you stick with the MR then Tribunal. Starting a new claim so soon after being refused, will very likely see you being refused again.

The advice given by a DWP adviser isn't always the best and shouldn't be relied on. I can't tell you the amount of stories i've read where the advice they have given has been absolutely terrible.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn't about a diagnosis. I would advise you stick with the MR then Tribunal. Starting a new claim so soon after being refused, will very likely see you being refused again.

The advice given by a DWP adviser isn't always the best and shouldn't be relied on. I can't tell you the amount of stories i've read where the advice they have given has been absolutely terrible. 
    I get really depressed when I read those comments. Maybe I am an old dinosaur.
    When and if you telephone the appropriate government department for advice it should not be the case that you can't trust them to get it right.
    In my opinion the whole country has gone to the dogs and those in charge don't damn well care. 
  • poppy123456
    When ring DWP they are mostly reading from a screen and a person should never take their word for it when receiving advice like starting a new PIP claim when you've just been refused.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Bevers1959
    They said my condition has worsened ,and with evidence from doctor and physcologist ,diagnosing bipolar i should submit a new claim 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    When ring DWP they are mostly reading from a screen and a person should never take their word for it when receiving advice like starting a new PIP claim when you've just been refused.
    But they should.
  • poppy123456
    They said my condition has worsened ,and with evidence from doctor and physcologist ,diagnosing bipolar i should submit a new claim 
    How long has it been worse for? Surely it's not long since you had your face to face assessment.
  • Bevers1959
    They didnt have the evidence at my f2f and only got me down for anxiety and depression, all this has made me 10times worse , i had to have a emergency mentall health assesment and am really struggling
  • poppy123456
    To qualify for PIP you must have had the condition for at least 3 months (this will include a worsening of condition0  this means if your condition has got worse within 3 months then DWP will not take it into consideration. You must also expect it to last at least a further 9 months.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you have any award in payment at the moment ?
    As Poppy says, any new condition needs to have been 3 months to quailify.
    In my opinion you should continue your current claim through MR and tribunal if necessary. Your new condittions can  then either enable you to enter a change of circumstance or a new claim if your current claim fails
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Bevers1959
    Am waiting for mr ,my condition worsened in june ,but i didnt put in a change in circumstances, i was,nt mentally stable at the time , its only when a gentleman  who is dealing with my mr case personally  ,said that he had been discussing my case with a colleague ,and with evidence that has now been seen i should submit a new claim , but now this is causing more stress
  • Bevers1959
    Hi av ad my mr decision ,and its been refused i sent letter from doc that stated i have border line bipolar and that working 24hrs a wk is beneficial  also letter from physcologist stating i have ptsd along with anxiety and depression, i have been advised to appeal , i dont no if i have the strength  to do this, i am having treatment for ptsd and this is hard enough,  opinions please and advice 
  • poppy123456
    Hi av ad my mr decision ,and its been refused i sent letter from doc that stated i have border line bipolar and that working 24hrs a wk is beneficial  also letter from physcologist stating i have ptsd along with anxiety and depression, i have been advised to appeal , i dont no if i have the strength  to do this, i am having treatment for ptsd and this is hard enough,  opinions please and advice 
    Although people do work and claim PIP sometimes the work you do can go against you, if it contradicts the reasons why you're claiming PIP.

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. Letters stating your diagnosis, will not help your claim. You need evidence to prove how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.

Your next step is to request the Tribunal and you need to fill out the SSCS1 form, send your MR decision letter with the form to HMCTS. I'd advise you to get some face to face advice from an advice centre near you. You have 28 days from the date of the MR decision.
  • Bevers1959
    I had pip assesment 2yrs ago ,i was working then but didnt have bi-polar diagnosed or ptsd ,i then got standard  pip,  just cant understand it
  • Bevers1959
    Hi my family has told me to appeal so with their support i have to, have got letters from physiciaytrist ,doctor physcologist and mental health to say they encourage me to work as this is beneficial  to me and it is the only structure  and social thing in my life,but i am struggling at the moment 
  • poppy123456
    What you need is evidence that proves how your conditions affect you, not evidence that's encouraging you to work. This doesn't prove how your conditions affect you. Have you got face to face advice from an advice centre near you?
  • Bevers1959
    Am going cab nxt wk and doctor letter to show how my illness affects me ,and letter from neice who dishes my tablets cooks for me and supports me
  • poppy123456

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.