Wca 15 minute assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wca 15 minute assessment

sophieanne
sophieanne Community member Posts: 25 Listener
edited February 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
My daughter hasn’t her assessment for universal credit last Tuesday 29th we was there for about 15 minutes, only got asked a few questions not all the questions on the form ? Is this normal 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Face to face assessment times vary, some are short while others are much longer. My longest assessment was 1 hour 10 mins and my shortest was 10 minutes. All decision's went in my favour. The length of time doesn't mean anything.

Ring and request a copy of the assessment report, this will give your daughter some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sophieanne
    Thank you 
    who do I ring to request a copy of it please ?
  • poppy123456
    Universal credit
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Or put a note on her journal to request it. Unless you're her appointee then she will need to ring them to at least go through security.
  • sophieanne
    Thanks I’ll do that, I’m her appointee 
  • sophieanne
    Hi poppy, just thought I’d let you know my daughter received a letter on her journal today she’s been placed into the limited capability work related activity group 
  • poppy123456
    fantastic news! She will now receive an extra £328 per month from the 4th month of her claim starting from when she sent in her first fit note.
  • sophieanne
    She handed her first fit note in 30th August, she has an appointment with her work coach end of this month does she still need to attend ?
  • poppy123456
    That means she'll receive backdated money for what they owe her. She doesn't need to attend any further appointments because she'll be placed into the no work requirements group. Check her journal online.
  • sophieanne
    Hi poppy I asked on my daughters journal as she has an appointment in 2 weeks, someone got back to me and said she needs to go to this appointment to review her commitments then that’s it ? Does that sound right does she have to go ?
  • poppy123456
    No, this doesn't sound right. There won't be any commitments if she's definitely been given LCWRA because she'll be placed into the no work requirements group. See link.

Are you sure it says limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA)  and not limited capability for work (LCW)?

• sophieanne
    Yes definaly says that’s it says will get an extra 328 something a month and no commitments 
  • poppy123456
    No commitments means no appointments. I'm not even sure why they're asking her to attend because her claimant commitment will be change to no work requirements automatically.
  • sophieanne
    Thanks poppy. Do you think I should say this on her journal ?
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Yes, definitely.
  • sophieanne
    Just put it on her journal, I’ll let you know tomrorow what they say 
  • sophieanne
    Still no answer on journal 
  • sophieanne
    Hi poppy, the work coach has now cancelled appointments and confirmed she no longer needs to attend these, thanks for all your help. 
  • poppy123456
    Hi poppy, the work coach has now cancelled appointments and confirmed she no longer needs to attend these, thanks for all your help. 
    Great news! Glad it's all sorted and you're welcome. Happy to help.
  • sophieanne
    Also do you know how long to wait for a back payment ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.