PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment

kells2019
kells2019 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi just had my pip accessement done I had got standard care a year ago but my health and needs hav Horton really bad hav had 2hosp admissions this year SEP and Nov was told if I didn't stop smokein I'm 44 no I would reach 48 2 50 I was told by consultant my copd is moderate 2 severe 4my age I wasn't awarded any points I have alot of help problems depression and aniexty 2 slipped discs in neck fibromargla copd and asthma we no the accesor has lied so I'm waiting on her report the amount of evidence I sent in 2 support my case accessor z I showed no signs of fatigue strange I only had 2 hours sleep then 2 days after accessment my bloods came bk showing I'm low in foliate which my doct has gav me 3 months of folic acid 2 take I have a nebulizer at home and on lots of medication my social worker is doing a supporting letter 4 me and getting me more counselling and ot Wil b out 2access aids 4 me and my home has any body won or think I will have 2go down route of appeal thanks 4anyones help x

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kells2019 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

In response to your assessment if you not happy with any of it you can appeal. We have lots of information and advice on appeals on our website.

There will be members of our community or a member of our team might be in touch to advise further.

You could contact CAB your local office for advice and information on the next steps you need to take.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • kells2019
    Thank u still waiting on the accessor statement but already no ther is lies in it don't no the best route 2 take should I fresh claim it I have heard it's very hard 2get the decision over turned at mandorty reconsider is this true thanks 4any info people can give me 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is not advisable to begin a new claim with the same evidence as the result will most likely be the same.
    To change a decision, the best way is via MR and then tribunal.
    You should  concentrate on how youmeet the descriptors, giving 2-3 examples of what happened when you last appempted the activity.
    The MR and tribunal will not be interested in any attempt to dispute lies and misrepresentations, any complaint of this nature should be directed to the Assessmenmt provider
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kells2019
    I'm going 2go down the route of Mr hav got a letter from social worker now and my doctor is Gona give me sum evidence but hav heard it's very hard 2 over turn the decision and hate the though of tribunal but wil fite it has anyone had any luck with Mr thanks 4everyones help 
  • CockneyRebel
    A smal lpercentage do have success at MR, which is the first step of appealing the decision. If you attend your
    tribtnal then many more people have success
  • kells2019
    I dread it but wil b attending it if I can't get the Mr over turned got sum info of doct ther z I was placed on chronic disease register in 2011 with asthma with fixed airway obstruction plus hav so many other illness and needs so I didn't receive a point at all and they stopped my standard care award do yous all think I will have 2go down the route of appeal thanks 4eveyones help
  • kells2019
    Hi just found out one off my breathing tests result I don't understand them my fev1 is 2.12=68percent my fvc is 3.20 89 percent ratio 66 percent please does anyone no if this is gd or bad I'm 44 years old
  • CockneyRebel
    You should get your GP or respiritory nurse to talk this through with you. You do not need to stress about test results you will be notified if any action necessary.
    The most important thing with COPD is to take your meds as prescribed and report any changes asap

• kells2019
    Thank u hosp warned me if I didn't stop smokein I wouldn't reach 48. 2  50 and I'm 44 now had 2hosp admissions in sept and Nov with flare ups thanks 4everyones help
  • CockneyRebel
    Ultimately we have to take responsibility for our own condition whenever possible.
    I also have COPD, have been hospitailsed 8 times in the last two years. I have 3 nebulisers and home oxygen.
    Dont stop doing things but be aware of your limitations, if you are not normally an active person then I would suggest talking to your respiritory nurse about doing some gentle exercise
  • kells2019
    I have 2 do pulmonary rehabilitation I am on neb as well and diff in haler I was diagnosed in 2011but last year and this been hell 4me with it worst it's ever been 2b honest thanks again 4ur help 
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    kells2019 said:
    Thank u still waiting on the accessor statement but already no ther is lies in it don't no the best route 2 take should I fresh claim it I have heard it's very hard 2get the decision over turned at mandorty reconsider is this true thanks 4any info people can give me 
    Hello kells2019 The same thing append to me got is report and as I was reading I had to stop and ring the DWP to ask if they had sent the wrong one and got it mix up with someone else's by mistake and got know that is your report from the PIP assessment I am now going to the tribunal to get it sorted out as off is report I may as well not gone to the assessment with them the one thing I will say to you is do not let them get away with this its happening to much now them not putting down the things people tell them and with evidence from doctors and consultants in there PIP report you keep going all the best 
  • kells2019
    Thank u so much al the things I z I couldn't do she z I could I was so shocked with wot I was reading I have mountains of evidence so I honestly think they don't care about medical evidence not one thing I have I lied about Al my evidence bks wot I'm sayin it's a disgrace that how and y they get away with things like this hav u had Ur appeal yet I heard there's not many they over turn at MD it's just so stressful and degrade in thank u 4ur advice
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    Hi kells2019 it is a very small amount the that win on the MR they just go with the PIP assessment report even if you like me had a letter done by the CAB with page after page with there number with one thing then on the next page that was putting a answer then on the next page with the same question giving a different answer and that was all the way through it and if you point it out and the MR will still go with the PIP assessment report this is just one thing that was put in my report was asked if i go out at night and my answer was sometimes with my Nephew who picks me up to go to the cinema one night every one or two months he drops my off at the front of the cinema and i go in and sit down in the foyer and he parks the car then going home he gets the car and i sit in the foyer tell he comes back to the pick up point and go home as i have problems with my mobilty and walking aids to help me and the the assessor asked my how far is the cinema from my home which is about half mile away put that down and then on the next page in is report he put that i go to the cinema that is about half a mile away is walking there and back home with out using a aid and the CAB put that down in the letter as well as more things and MR still turned me down and that is how come i am going to the tribunal now a just to show them the things there doing in there reports and getting know come back and doing this to more people going to there PIP assessments its just wrong and needs sorting out this is someones life there playing with its know joke sorry about the last part rant but it how i feel about it.
  • kells2019
    It's a total disgrace how they r getting away with putting so many people through this who r Def I'll and then they get away with Lyin with ther reports I don't no how they sleep at nite wot has me queezin her fingers got 2do with my breathing I was actually found collapsed in the snow last year trying 2make it 2 my mum's cause I couldn't breathe felt as if I was being strangled 2 death a neighbor found me and went running got ambulance and my mum kept telling me it was ok if I stopped breathing I would b ok that she would put me in recovery position but sumthin kept telling me if I stop breathing I will die I asked my doc he z ambulance was trying 2 calm her down scariest moment of my life lived with my mum I was 2 frightened 2 b on my own couldn't go through that again y r they putting us through more stress and worry when it affects r breathing 2 they r playing with fire and r lives total disgrace I hope u win this thanks 4 everyone's help xxx
  • CockneyRebel
    Part of the problem with breathing difficulties is that we panic which in turn makes it worse. I now take Lorazepan daily and have learnt some breathing techniques that do help.
    It is a very scary thing to go through but you can still have some quality of life
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Part of the problem with breathing difficulties is that we panic which in turn makes it worse. I now take Lorazepan daily and have learnt some breathing techniques that do help.
    It is a very scary thing to go through but you can still have some quality of life
    Thankyou. As  have said before if it is medicated and if you follow through with the exercises, most people with Pulmonary diseases can live an almost normal life.
  • kells2019
    Yes mines is medicated I also have asthma along with it it's a very scary thing when j can't catch a breathe I start pulmonary rehabilitation on Monday 2help strengthen my lungs thanks everyone 4ur advice 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I also suffer from Pulmonary Fibrosis as well as Asthma, use the medication and regularly spend an hour or two every day working on my breathing. With so much effort put into being able to cope quite well, I never saw the point in putting that issue down on my PIP claim.
    It's having a positive mindset that helps.
  • kells2019
    I'm not feeling very positive after pip accessement and decision letter got more info of doctor yesterday when they CT scanned me in nov showed right paratracheal and right hilar adenopathy so I have 2 b further scanned at later stage then they X rayed me and found a degree of linear atelectasis at right base of my lung they then changed my inhaler 2 anoro elipta and hav 2 b x-rayed again I honestly don't no wot Al this means if any one does it b very helpful thanks again

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.