esa reassements, is it normal to have the esa50 form? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa reassements, is it normal to have the esa50 form?

Options
caresurvivor
caresurvivor Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi I’m in receipt of esa (support group) contribution based (which was for one year I believe) that year has elapsed. I’ve just received a form (esa50) from DWP which I must complete is this usual when they move you over From contribution based to income based? 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @caresurvivor   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members.

I know there will be members of our community or a member of our team will be able to answer your question.

I would consider looking at speaking to CAB about benefit queries and questions. They often have expertise and knowledge.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • caresurvivor
    Options
    Hello @caresurvivor   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members.

I know there will be members of our community or a member of our team will be able to answer your question.

I would consider looking at speaking to CAB about benefit queries and questions. They often have expertise and knowledge.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Thanks I appreciate that!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @caresurvivor, and a warm welcome to the community!

I believe this is usual practice, however hopefully some of our experienced members will be able to confirm this for you.
  • caresurvivor
    Options
    Hi @caresurvivor, and a warm welcome to the community!

I believe this is usual practice, however hopefully some of our experienced members will be able to confirm this for you.
    Thanks I was only assesed for first time April last year and put in the support group. Pretty stresful to have t go through it all again! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

They can re-assess you anytime from 3 months for ESA. You will need to fill out the form and return it no later than the date stated in the letter and send your evidence with the form. There's no extensions given to return the form.  You'll most likely need another face to face assessment as most people have them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • caresurvivor
    Options
    Hi,

They can re-assess you anytime from 3 months for ESA. You will need to fill out the form and return it no later than the date stated in the letter and send your evidence with the form. There's no extensions given to return the form.  You'll most likely need another face to face assessment as most people have them.
    Thanks I suspected that and I will do that do I have to send the same evidence as before with new letters etc?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem. Just send the evidence you have.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • caresurvivor
    Options
    No problem. Just send the evidence you have.
    Ah ok well there’s about 100 pages of it! 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's a lot of evidence. Sometimes, less is more especially if you have that much. It maybe worth going through all of that and deciding what's the best to send.
  • caresurvivor
    Options
    That's a lot of evidence. Sometimes, less is more especially if you have that much. It maybe worth going through all of that and deciding what's the best to send.
    Thanks I’ve adhd so stuff like that Is a challenge I’ve a complex physical and mental health issues! So want to ensure it’s all covered! You know how they can be! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.