PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How can I get somebody to come to tribunal?

SystemSystem Posts: 530

Scope community team

edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is maggy!.

Replies

• maggymaggy Member Posts: 23 Listener
    Hi how can I get someone to come to the yribunst with me please
  • maggymaggy Member Posts: 23 Listener
  • Edster77Edster77 Member Posts: 162 Courageous
    hi  @maggy welcome to scope   a good thing to do would be to ask an advocacy service so an advocate can attend the tribunal with you  i hope this helps
  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @maggy

Have you tried “CAB” for there “help & assistance”

Please please let me know if I can help you further ????

@steve51
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @maggy
    The Citizens Advice Bureau is always a good place to start. Some people will have a paid advocate to support them through a tribunal, others choose not to and may take a friend or family member as support.

@CockneyRebel said on a similar post:

"I would be very wary, if you have a good case you do not need a rep who in reality is little more than a paid companion. You are your best representative as the person that knows you and your problems best is you."
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Bevvy7andoverBevvy7andover Member Posts: 38 Connected
    Family member who can speak on your behalf - I took my husband to my tribunal and won and now 18 months later I’m handing my car back having yet again failed the assessment even tho my health is worse so I’m off to tribunal again and taking Paul with me - good luck 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    No one can speak on your behalf during a Tribunal hearing unless you have an appointee. The Tribunal will want to hear from you in your own words how your conditions affect you. If you take someone with you they may ask them if there's anything they want to add at the end but this doesn't always happen.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.