Home visit denied from PIP but allowed by ESA - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home visit denied from PIP but allowed by ESA

Options
2»

Comments

• Fetlock
    Fetlock Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Bear in mind that when you ring DWP you're largely dealing with outsourced call centres of non-DWP staff with limited system access. Their responses are rarely truthful and some of them seem to literally make it up as a means of avoiding having to concede that they're not DWP.
    The contact number for Capita and ATOS assessment centres are staffed by non-DWP staff- they're run by Capita/ATOS so wouldn't be, however the PIP new claims and enquiry lines are not outsourced and are 100% staffed by DWP employees.
  • Icon_Missing
    Icon_Missing Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options

Sorry, my fault, didn't do the timeline properly.

I received an invite to Lancaster, phoned them and said I can't drive that distance and have a wife with the problems I mentioned who cannot be left alone as it would mean leaving her in danger, we have no outside help and no family that can sit with here even if I was able to drive the 3-4 hour round journey. They said no home visit allowed because of the use of the word "aggressive" on my form. My GP called me in to ask if there was any chance of my being aggressive to the assessor and could she they would contact her back (they called her when she wasn't on duty) to confirm. They didn't phone, no records at the surgery of any phone call. The guy on the phone said they phoned her back so that's a lie, he then said to get her to phone them but wouldn't supply a contact name or number to give her.

I complained about his actions, he said they could arrange it for the DWP hierarchy to look at the claim, I phoned them myself the same day and the DWP person - can't remember their title but not one of the grunts on the switchboard - was apologetic and stated they would indeed look at the evidence without - is it Maximus at Lancaster? - the assessors needing to be involved. I heard nothing for over 4 months. Yesterday this latest "invite" arrived on the same day my DLA uprating letter arrived (you can't make it up!)

So this is the second "invite" not the first

• Icon_Missing
    Icon_Missing Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    *Update -  2 hours on the phone to the DWP and Atos (I don't use their alias) and still refusing a home visit even when using the Equality Act 2010, any suggestions? Oh and the guy at the DWP stated that there are NO home visits to those that use the word "aggression" on their forms, yes I know, it's a lie but it is the DWP after all
  • mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    Options
    Have you had your F2F yet? Or your decision?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.