Can you defer the date of a face to face assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you defer the date of a face to face assessment

wild_one
wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
My daughter's mother has died today after complications with cancer. She has an ESA face to face assessment 26 March. I don't think she will be able to attend for multiple reasons, I do not know when she would be able to do 'anything' at the moment. What are her options? Thank you

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and condolences to your daughter, firstly I would phone the DWP or the number on the acessment request form and explain the circumstances of the need to delay, defere the F2F acessment process till a few weeks after the funeral if possible. After all they are human and should show some compassion.
  • wild_one
    wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
    wilko said:
    Hello and condolences to your daughter, firstly I would phone the DWP or the number on the acessment request form and explain the circumstances of the need to delay, defere the F2F acessment process till a few weeks after the funeral if possible. After all they are human and should show some compassion.
    OK thanks

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.