LT54/ESA56 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LT54/ESA56

Options
Catlover64
Catlover64 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
Hi everyone, I have today had my esa decision letter awarding me support group for 12 months (surprised as I have always been awarded 3 years previously) but anyway I have some questions. The first is that I asked for my ESA85 to be sent to me,what info will it contain and will it say on there why I have been awarded support group? If it is under exceptional circumstances will it say that? At the same time I asked for the LT54 and ESA56 to which she replied that they no longer "just send them out" and that I would have to talk to the decision maker about it - is this correct? Also is the ESA85 and LT54 now combined into one single form called LT54/ESA56 07/17? 
Many thanks.

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Catlover64 here we go, yes the ESA85 will tell you how you got in the support group and outline how you was placed in the SG, ie 12,24,36, longer term.

The LT54 is the DMs take on placing you in SG. I used to get them but there not worth worrying to much about as the ESA85 is.

Not sure what the ESA56 is?

I suspect why the 12 months maybe because of changing to UC. "Managed Migration.

I had my ESA review towards the end of 2018 and still retained my 3 years.

When you last got the SG for 3 years was you sent an ESA50 to complete within those 3 years. My 3 years ended up to 5 years before reassessment.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Catlover64
    Options
    ESA56 is a score sheet the DWP uses and I heard it is now combined with the LT54 as one document and I am trying to get confirmation of this. I only got my esa50 when I was due at the end of the three years. I can't believe they only gave me 12 months which is now only 9 months as they took so long with decision! Do they use the date of the decision or the date of the WCA?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's the date of the decision but it's purely just a guide and nothing more. For ESA they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months, which is why ESA decision letters never have an award length of time on them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ESA56 is a score sheet the DWP uses and I heard it is now combined with the LT54 as one document and I am trying to get confirmation of this. I only got my esa50 when I was due at the end of the three years. I can't believe they only gave me 12 months which is now only 9 months as they took so long with decision! Do they use the date of the decision or the date of the WCA?
    @Catlover64 Cheers for that regarding ESA56.

As you was place in the SG as far as I can remember you don't actually get a score sheet I've always lead to believe if you was place in the SG as you are classed at that threshold to qualify for it, you would even have a scoresheet, it's done on the relevant descriptor to be placed in the SG. 

As I stated above I've always had my 2 ESA's only ever renewed ESA for over 4 & 5 years before getting another ESA50. Only ever ha Paper Based also.

I have all my ESA85A and my PIP PA3. Even when I had DLA I never needed a face to face.

As for you first getting 3 years now a 12 month does seems odd. As poppy has stated they can review at over 3 months. But I've never had that problem.

I truly believe as long as you send in up-to date functional evidence and true to the point "anecdotal, unambiguous, evidence" you will be fine that's how I've always done it and touch wood I've always had know problems.

As I'm not to far of retirement when ESA to change to UC I've made up my mind not to go through with claiming UC, especially if their trying to bring in one assessment for PIP and ESA,UC because I could end up loosing my ongoing award for PIP which I don't want to take a chance and loose that.

But as the DWP keep telling us PIP and ESA are different benefits.... 

As you can clearly see they are two different benefits. This proves you can't have one assessment for the two benefits..
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Catlover64
    Options
    Yes I am due to retire next December and it looks like my reassessment will be with me around January - I was thinking they would give me 3 years again but got 12 months instead! So have another year to go :(
  • Catlover64
    Options
    Poppy123456, do you know if there would be a statement of reasons completed for giving me support group? Also is this the same as an esa56? They also told me I would need to talk to a decision maker to get an LT54 form sent as "we can't just send them out without permission". Is this correct?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I have no idea if a SOR is the same as an ESA56, sorry. I do believe that you need permission for them to send that out. I've never bothered to be honest because the assessment report will tell you everything you need to know because the DM mostly goes with this.

I disagree that UC managed migration was the reason for the shorter recommended time because managed migration could be a few years away for a lot of people.

The time given is always just a guide anyway because 3 months from now you could be sent another ESA50. I was re-assessed last October, kept in the support group but i didn't even ring to ask how long because there's no point. I just put it out of my mind, if i didn't i'd have even less sleep.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Catlover64 Here is my old LT54 it only gives you a few details. I also think poppy seems to knows everything Wrong. I hope you get left alone like me catlover.

I've never had any problems. I'm afraid you will believe who you want to believe.
    And always had No issues with my Awards.
    My PIP, even the DM was on my side.

⬇️

• Catlover64
    Options
    @ Government_needs_reform Thank you so much for that - very kind! I can see that there is not much point in the LT54 as it looks just like a summary. I hope my esa85 will tell me if I passed on exceptional circumstances - does it tell you that?
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Catlover64 your welcome. 

As I had already mentioned above the ESA85 will give you all the information you need it will tell you how you got in the SG. I also really wouldn't worry about the 3months, if you've sent in enough evidence and anecdotal wording you will be fine for now.

As ive stated above and as long as everything is consistent you won't have any problems. 

Edited to add: I take it the DWP told you that you was placed in the SG for twelve months.

The ESA85 should have something like this in the prognosis box.

I cant add it all as it to personal.
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    Options
    I also think poppy seems to knows everything Wrong
    May i ask what you mean by this?
    Options
    I also think poppy seems to knows everything Wrong
    May i ask what you mean by this?

You may ask poppy I wanted to see how long it took you to bite?????? you know me always like a laugh, as I'm not on here very much due to being To I'll, if I could spend hours a day on here I would get a part time job from home❤️ Stay strong poppy⭐️❤️
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    Options
    Haha funny @Government_needs_reform i actually haven't seen you online for quite a while and totally forgot your sense of humor :p:D:D

Thanks for your help with this thread too, some great advice!!

Hope you're well my friend!
    Options
    Haha funny @Government_needs_reform i actually haven't seen you online for quite a while and totally forgot your sense of humor :p:D:D

Thanks for your help with this thread too, some great advice!!

Hope you're well my friend!

@poppy123456 You know I still love ya hun.? Always will. Not been very well at all every day seems a bigger battle now.? 

I wanted to see if you remembered me, that's why I chucked that no offence remark up, because I know you would bite ??? 

Pops we both give great advice because of going through all this in different ways.

Yes im lucky I haven't had No trouble with my DWP dealings and when I read some of the bad things happening to some people it's shocking indeed.

Im one that will make sure my case is water tight I do have a fantastic medical team too which does help.

Poppy believe me I would give the money away to have a life again, yes the money helps but I can never really spend it?

I hope your keeping well to.❤️
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @Government_needs_reform aww thanks! You made my day!  I love ya too!

I almost didn't remember you because i have the worst memory ever for names. I know i remember a lot about benefits but it's drilled in my head lol.

I have to admit i wasn't going to bite BUT i had to, you know me by now haha.

I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been well. Sending healing thoughts your way, my dearest friend!

Sorry for the delayed reply, i'm a little distracted by real life today. Just had my daughters PIP review decision, although her award is staying the same Enhanced for both parts the length of time is the same as the previous award and until 22nd October 2019, and more to the point they will contact me again in October 2018. (note the contact date lol)

This has to be an error and i've already rang DWP and the person i've spoke to completely agrees, so the case manager that made the decision will be contacted today. I'm waiting for either a phone call or a new award letter without the typo error dates lol.

Take care!
    Options
    @Government_needs_reform aww thanks! You made my day!  I love ya too!
    Always welcome poppy.❤️

I almost didn't remember you because i have the worst memory ever for names. I know i remember a lot about benefits but it's drilled in my head lol.
    What ya like, just look out for my logo..?
    I have to admit i wasn't going to bite BUT i had to, you know me by now haha.
    I would have done if someone done it to me haha haha.

I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been well. Sending healing thoughts your way, my dearest friend!
    That means a lot hun really appreciate it, I really do❤️ 

Sorry for the delayed reply, i'm a little distracted by real life today. Just had my daughters PIP review decision, although her award is staying the same Enhanced for both parts the length of time is the same as the previous award and until 22nd October 2019, and more to the point they will contact me again in October 2018. (note the contact date lol)

OMY, What sort of date is that? Did your daughter have a ftf or was it done on papers only. Seems a short date in any case, you need what I've got ongoing, I thought if people like myself and with no prospect of getting better she would have an ongoing award by now?

This has to be an error and i've already rang DWP and the person i've spoke to completely agrees, so the case manager that made the decision will be contacted today. I'm waiting for either a phone call or a new award letter without the typo error dates lol.

I pretty sure that is an error... let me know how it all goes poppy.
    Take care!
    I've highlighted everything in you above post @poppy123456 ❤️
    ⬇️

• poppy123456
    Options
    @Government_needs_reform it was a paper based assessment this time. The more i think about it the more i realise it just has to be an error! I'll certainly let you know!

I did request an ongoing award based on the evidence i sent that showed her ASD and learning disability isn't going to improve. The evidence i sent did show how her conditions affect her too and not just a diagnosis, it was from the learning disabilities team and community mental health team. Stupid case manager!

Take care and please rest! <3
    Options
    @Government_needs_reform it was a paper based assessment this time. The more i think about it the more i realise it just has to be an error! I'll certainly let you know!

Does seem odd poppy. How long was her last award for and then this one.
    I did request an ongoing award based on the evidence i sent that showed her ASD and learning disability isn't going to improve. The evidence i sent did show how her conditions affect her too and not just a diagnosis, it was from the learning disabilities team and community mental health team. Stupid case manager!

Learning disability's don't really improve If one has had it since birth, ASD is another one. It seems odd to say the least.
    Take care and please rest! <3
    Yes @poppy123456 I will be resting. Send a PM when you know what's gone on it saves hijacking any threads. I wish you luck be interesting what's gone on with it.?
    ⬇️

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Get a room you two  :)

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
    Options

Get a room you two  :)

@CockneyRebel we will what you like ????????
    ⬇️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.