I was diagnosed with hEDS and Autism only a few years ago. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I was diagnosed with hEDS and Autism only a few years ago.

AspieZebra
AspieZebra Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I was diagnosed with hEDS and Autism only a few years ago. I'm a wife and mum, in my 40's. My conditions are complex but mobility issues and chronic fatigue are the two most disabling challenges I'm dealing with. My daughter may have inherited one or both of these conditions and is currently awaiting autism assessment.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @AspieZebra Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

Please have a look around our website. Feel free to join in discussions. We are friendly, care and share.

Please ask if we can help and advise. Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @AspieZebra welcome to the community and thank you for sharing a bit about yourself.

You might be interested to know that Scope has recently set up a new service called Navigate. Navigate provides a six week programme of online and telephone support to parents who have a child going through diagnosis or have a child who has recently been diagnosed with a disability (within 12 months). The aim is to provide parents of a child with a disability with emotional and practical support and help them navigate these early stages. It also gives parents a chance to talk through things and how they're feeling in a safe space.

If you think this may be something that could benefit you please visit https://www.scope.org.uk/family-services/navigate or call 0808 801 0510. smile
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • LaughingLolly
    LaughingLolly Community member Posts: 100 Pioneering
     :)  hi! 
    A laugh a day keeps the psychiatrist at bay. 

Brightness