How long have people waited to get a decision letter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long have people waited to get a decision letter?

Options
Elizabeth1
Elizabeth1 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have a Pip interview today and was just wondering how long people have waited to get a decision letter thanks 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Elizabeth1 welcome to the community! Unfortunately, there is no specific waiting time as it depends on/if there is a backlog of claims in your area. Keep us updated and let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Elizabeth1
    Options
    Thanks I’ve put off putting a claim in because you always read terrible stories. I’ve found the whole thing very stressful, the lady was very nice but you never know. I tried to do everything she asked even though it was painful. 
  • Ami2301
    Options
    I have had a good experience with PIP, my num is my appointee so she has to fill in the forms and talk to them on the phone as I have hearing difficulties and central vision loss. After my assessment back in 2017, I received a decision just under 2 weeks later so it really depends if there is a backlog.
  • Elizabeth1
    Options
    That’s really good I hope I get the same luck . I’ve been finding it all very hard my mum has helped me with the forms. I’ve got arthritis in my knees hips , back and hands so get lots of help of my mum and son. 
  • Ami2301
    Options
    That's really good that you have support around you. There are many members who have been/currently going through the same process so you're not alone. If your claim was to be unsuccessful then we will help you every step of the way. The community is full of knowledgeable members in regards to benefits and Scope has plenty of advice and resources to offer :)
  • Elizabeth1
    Options
    That’s great to know as we are really clueless with it all. I’m going to spend the night reading up on here . You have been really helpful ?
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Don't worry, I have no clue about benefits too! A minefield to say the least! Let us know if you need any further help, I will be on the forum until later tonight :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Elizabeth1

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today ???

Yes I am also going through my “pip journey” at present.

“O Joy”

We have got some good advice/help here on our Community/site.

@steve51
  • janeyish
    janeyish Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I am still waiting for my decision letter went to assessment on 12 th March I have fibromyalgia.  had a letter a week after going  saying they had all the information now and would make a decision soon I applied end of November hopefully I will hear soon :#  
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Fingers crossed @janeyish!
  • janeyish
    Options
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • janeyish
    Options
    @CockneyRebel no not yet I thought I could only have that if I have been refused pip
  • janeyish
    Options
    Found this online Getting a copy of your assessment report - You can only request a copy once DWP writes to you with their decision
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should request a copy asap. you are entitled to the report whether your claim is successful or not. It will give you advance warning of your possible award and is useful to keep for your records for future reviews
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Elizabeth1
    Options
    Hi @steve51 I know the whole thing is so stressful, how far along the pip journey are you 
  • Elizabeth1
    Options
    Hi @janeyish that’s a long time I applied in January and had my assessment yesterday , 
  • steve51
    Options
    Hi @Elizabeth1

I have just started my journey along the way.

After helping many members in our community I did thing that I would be okay!!

Well what a load of paperwork you have to complete.

Never mind!!!!!!

@steve51
  • Elizabeth1
    Options
    @steve51 I know the form was very long , and I’m thinking there are things I forgot to say in my interview so worried that will affect the outcome. 
  • steve51
    Options
    Hi @Elizabeth1

Yes the form is huge & it takes some doing.

I am not getting to worried as it is out of our hands now.

Please please don’t worry I have got my “fingers & toes” crossed.

@steve51

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.