Did they make a decision or not? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Did they make a decision or not?

ashleymurphy321
ashleymurphy321 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi there I was wondering if anyone can help I rang up pip for my assessment report and the lady I spoke to said they had made a desicion and told me I had bèen awarded high rate in both components. ibrang back up today for my report today and the man I spoke to told me there was no decision had been made why would she tell me I had passed I I hadn't ? 

Comments

• ashleymurphy321
    they made a decision on yes as I was told by the lady I qualified and had been accepted for both components of high rate then when I rang back the man said they hadn't made a desicion 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger

Unfortunately the "phone jockeys " are not the best trained in anything other than getting you off the phone as soon as possible.
    When you receive the assessment report you will have a better idea of the HCP recomendation although 
    it is the DWP that make the decision

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Wait until you receive the official letter, then you'll know for certain.
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • ashleymurphy321
    thankyou very much I'm just really worried my anxiety is through the roof as I was told i had passed then told there was no decision and they wernt very nice on the phone 
  • Elizabeth1
    Elizabeth1 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
    I understand I’m waiting on a decision letter , my anxiety is terrible this is why I was putting off putting a claim in 
  • ashleymurphy321
    Elizabeth1 yes me too but the woman said I had been accepted then I don't know how they can say they've not made a decision it's making me ill
  • ashleymurphy321
    the actual assessment made  ill I never want to go in there again 
  • ashleymurphy321
    how long have you been waiting if you don't mind me asking ? 
  • Elizabeth1
    I only had my assessment this week but I applied the beginning of January. I know the worry before the assessment and then the actual assessment was so stressful I’ve had a really bad week. Then I’ve read things on here so I’m thinking I won’t be successful, but I was honest with them what I can and can’t do 
  • Elizabeth1
    How long after did you ring , maybe you could get someone to ring for you and ask why they have told you different things and to explain it caused you more anxiety 
  • ashleymurphy321
    yes I've been waiting for a couple weeks now and my mam rang them they said that I must have Bern confused I was not confused I am suffering from post traumatic stress I'm not stupid they were horrible to me I'm going to have the worst weekend ever my anxiety is at 90% most days without the added stress 
  • Elizabeth1
    I totally understand my mum rang to to start the application and they weren’t nice on the phone to her I was glad I wasn’t in the phone or I would of just put the phone down. Try and ring the pip helpline tomorrow they may be able to help you . I’ve had to take my maximum anxiety medication since and it’s not helping. Normally it does help to keep me less stressed but not at the moment 
  • ashleymurphy321
    I know where your coming from my proapanol are just not cutting it with my anxiety atm. I will ring the pip helpline Monday and find out what's going on i just can't get my head around the woman saying I had been accepted and I asked her to repeat it twice then to ring today and be told that I wish you all the best with your claim Elizabeth
  • Threesticks
    Please, calm yourselves. There is no point in upsetting yourselves over something  you have no control over. Wait for the official letter from them. Ask them how long that will take to arrive. It is a difficult time, I know. Think positive please, it can take 6 to 8 weeks. Their times lines though are not a strict one.
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • Elizabeth1
    I hopefully you get it sorted Monday and it’s just a case of them giving you the wrong information today, keep us updated. Thanks just a waiting game and trying to keep the anxiety down till I find out 
  • ashleymurphy321
    Threesticks I know what you mean but my anxiety is horrendous on a good day I need to try and forget about it as the tension will be the same whether I worry or not I'm finding myself taking extra medication I need to try and calm myself 
  • ashleymurphy321
    yes I will Elizabeth and in the mean time let's try enjoy our weekend speak soon hunnie 
  • Threesticks
    edited April 2019
    Try to focus on something totally opposite. I use meditation and videos from you-tube to help me when the pain and anxiety becomes too much, even with medication. Stay positive, you'll make it.  
  • Elizabeth1
    @Threesticks Thanks I am trying just a bad week after the assessment and what was said going around in my mind. The anxiety and pain just over the top. I’m going to try and enjoy the weekend . 
  • ashleymurphy321
    hi my mam has been on the phone this morning and there was a session made I've been awarded high rate in both components and I spoke to the manager and I was assured this good luck with yours Elizabeth and threesticks thanks for your advice I've been ill with stress all weekend and I watched some YouTube videos and they have held so much thanks again 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.