Just feeling very low... ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just feeling very low... ?

Craig72
Craig72 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
hi I was diagnosed  with osteoarthritis in my knees and and hip and spondylitis in my lower back which is all very painful and struggle on a daily basis,  in 2015, since that time my  dealing with the D.W.P has been horrendous. I was due to go to a "medical assessment" which was a joke I scored 9points out of 16 I think.

then after 10 phone calls I was put into a E. S. A support  group for 12 months,  after that time I was due a medical again I was always backed up with medical certificates from my doctor and any hospital  notes. that was when my time with D. W. P went down hill, I was refused E. S. A and went for another so called medical which I failed again. after 5/6 phone calls  I was told if your condition  has worsened you can apply again for E. S. A,  so I did and was refused again. 

in this time sending paperwork notes etc the D. W. P lost my paperwork and medical certificates they just apologized and said can you send them again plz.....?? I was on the phone for an hour and thirty minutes for them to hang up on me....so after 4 medical assessments three mandatory  reconsiderations and a tribunal no success. they also falsely filled out the assessment  form wrong. .IE they lied so after all this I've been put on universal credit with my partner who suffers from chronic fatigue  disorder and also have a stepdaughter with severe  A. D. H. D

I now have mental health problems and still in pain and still take my depression  pills we are struggling  on universal credit it's horrible I know there are people a lot worse off than me but it's like I have to just accept  this is the way it is. now I have to go to another assessment for U. C which I probably  will not pass and a P. I. P form filled in and waiting on that, I've been through so much and that's just half of it I I don't get my assessment we will loose U. C then be homeless  with nothing....through all this my doctor has been supportive but this has broken me. ..? Craig 

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    your not alone, got the same problem with long term arthritis in my lower back / spine, hips / shoulders and wrists, 20 years now on one thing or another (incap, ESA income support etc etc) and after 5 assessments over that period, now failed my 2nd one, with upto a year waiting for Tribunal, my mental health is already suffering as was told on the 15th of this month i'm now not on anything, so until i get a Tribunal date, will get no income, so going down hill fast and had my 2nd day in bed with stress related migraines, high blood pressure, so in the same boat almost, facing a up hill struggle, so feel for you, it's a long and lonely ride and one you have to be strong to fight, so keep your chin up, remember while everyone is on your side, doctors etc, the DWP isn't, so prepare to fight and stay strong, support and family is everything, good luck on hope the outcome goes your way 
  • Craig72
    Thank you ? I've been through so much it's affecting everything, not sure if I can keep doing this and filling in forms and assessments ect. I guess I just want what I'm entitled too no more no less,  this is not good for anybody I feel low everyday now...??
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Craig72
    I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time at the minute, you arent alone and many of our members can understand.

You might like to speak to someone at our helpline, you can call them on 08088003333 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Craig72
    Hey Sam... well I'm just burnt out for it all tbh I can't see how anybody  can help I've been through  just about everybody including  my local M. P.  I'm dreading the next assessment for universal credit, if I don't pass that I'm not sure what I will do. ..they recognize I've got a disability but as long as you can move your hands over your fine. ...what has this come to and I'm on the lower scale of disability so my being positive has been shot down ?
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    It is so hard @Craig72 and yours is sadly a story that we hear often. I hope it helps to open up here on the community where others do understand.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited April 2019
    I just wanted to send you some hugs @Craig72

I'm feeling pretty pants with my mental and physical health atm, I feel like going back to bed.

The current system seems to be letting a lot of people down :( I'm sorry it's made you feel worse.
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    I'm absolutely discussed with all this. Many are going through what you described. Go to CAB, see if they can help in any way. Give your MP a ring and tell them what's happening to you, or write to Amber Rudd direct and Corbin. When, you contact the DWP, get their full name. Some will give it, others will only give you their first name. If they refuse to give their full name ask for a reference number to quote them by and ask them what do they have to hide.

If they refuse to give a reference number, ask them for the recording number, tell them you'll use the time and date as a reference. Make sure you tell them you're making a record of the conversation If, they put the phone down on you report them to their complaints. All calls are monitored and recorded. Also, make a note in a diary and record your call if you can.

Don't take their word for it, check what they are saying is correct. Challenge them when they are incorrect, ask many questions pertaining to your case. If, at the assessment they lie, that is fraud and may be even obtaining money by deception on their part, remember they are a private profit making company and have targets to meet.
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • Craig72
    After being with the mental health team for a couple of weeks,  they told me to self refer to iapt IE therapy for you? 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I've never heard of that! 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @Craig72 So sorry to hear this what is happening.

Please can I thank you for sharing.

I am concerned the last post your mental health team. This is not good to hear.

That should not have happened.  I hear this all the time. Good proud members of our community having issues and problems every step of the way.

You done nothing wrong.  Your a valued member of our community.. 

I would have a look on line for any additional support regarding your current situation.

Look at what CAB  can help you with.  Consider looking at what else in your area. That can help with your mental health issues.

Just because the Mental health team have after two weeks self referred you to therapy. Does not mean you have to do this.

I would go back to my Doctor ask anything else they can suggest. 

I know my own personal issues. Have anxiety and depression. Know have to be other alternatives all the time.

If having problems with the Doctor. Find Advocate services. Used RETHINK last time an advocate charity. Speaks for me and those with mental health issues.

There are very good.  Represent you at any hospital or Doctors , medical appointments.

Also suggest this charity. Do take clientele with disabilities and illness .Give them a try.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Can help with wellbeing, health. Offer floating support or an outreach worker. Can help with benefits and related.

I used them. As with your personal circumstances. Been on the benefit system a long time.

Constant assessments helped and guided me with many aspects of that. Additional support and signposting.

Please if I can be supportive ready to listen anytime.

Happy to help.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Craig72
    Well I've been through aot of people and different organizations, and who say that can help but the pushed to the next...thank you for your reply ? ?  like I said in my post I'm probably the low end of disability,  having advance osteoarthritis and spondylitis and now depression. and being able to turn my hands over makes me a fit and able person... ? according to D. W. P but thanks for any help.. Peabody helped me with some forms...P. I. P  ? yep more forms 
  • Craig72
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I know how hard it is but keep your chin up and good luck
  • Craig72
  • Craig72
    Oh dear if I didn't like universal credit
     well I hate it now. ..??
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Have you had your assessment with UC @Craig72
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Craig72
    Not yet I'll probably  fail that as well... 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited April 2019
    Hi @Craig72. Not necessarily. But even if it doesn't go the way you're hoping, we can do our best to advise you in the aftermath. Please keep in touch and let us know how it goes.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Craig72
    Thanks everyone... ? Its very hard to stay focused and starting to think is advanced osteoarthritis and spondylitis a disability, plus now my mental health is at a low....im not sure what to think of it all. my stepdaughter has ADHD and my partner has chronic fatigue syndrome, I still can't understand when I first applied for esa and lost my appeal because didn't score enough points, ie 15 i think ? I scored 9. then after a couple of calls put me in a support group for a year, then after that had to appeal again scored no points, they said if your condition has got worse then appeal again.. and guess what yep scored no points so its hard to stay positive I guess a support worker from peabody said they can attend my assessment but not holding out for much... ?

Brightness