Please help! Pip and mobility querie — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please help! Pip and mobility querie

Melieha
Melieha Community member Posts: 5 Listener
To cut a long story short, in 2014 I was awarded higher rate p.i.p but no mobility points... After 3yrs an assessment was required and I managed to get a home visit. After that I still got higher p.i.p and higher mobility, my problem is that from the very beginning I've had the same problem as I had when awarded both. Obviously writing the application and the lady seeing me in the flesh had massive differences. Is there anyway I can be backdated from the beginning of my claim? My medical notes would show I suffered the same illness from day one. Thankyou. 

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    No you can only get it backdated to when you do your F2f to be reassessed.

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Melieha and welcome

Sorry, unfortunately the short answer is no. I can understand you asking but if you were unhappy with the award in 2014 you should have appealed it then, or within a maximum of thirteen months.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Melieha
    I've never received benefits until I got sick. I was just happy to get pip. I didn't realise I could appeal
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Its no fault of yours, the benefit system is difficult to understand. How long have you been given until your next review ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    When is your next review? I’m sorry but there’s no way you could appeal the decision now you should not have waited this long. Do you have a social worker or not? 
  • Melieha
    No social worker, I had no clue until I read something last week about people having their claim reassesd because wrong points given
  • Melieha
    Was supposed Togo 3 weeks ago but cancelled as was ill. Now I'm trying to get a home visit instead of the long journey they want me to travel. They said I have to get a letter from gp to say home visit is more appropriate with my illness. Did that now ivegotto pay £35 for the letter off Dr. Even Dr said they could and should have requested the info from him. 
  • Melieha
    I applied by form in the post, I got the higher pip no mobility for 3yrs thenihad my first f2f and got higher on both
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Ask your doctor if they can type a letter which you can use to back up your claim. My son’s orthopedist kindly supported us by writing a letter to support my application for DLA last year at my request. I even had some leftover photocopies of medical reports and letters from the doctors and therapists involved with us.
    Also I recommend reading all the descriptors carefully. When I was making a claim I circled the descriptors that applied to our particular situation. There are online self assessment tools you can use- http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Melieha said:
    No social worker, I had no clue until I read something last week about people having their claim reassesd because wrong points given
    That's only for those with decisions made after a certain date, which i think is 2016. Your 2014 award would not be one of those decisions that will be looked at again. As others have said there's nothing you can do about that past award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness