New style ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New style ESA

Boyden1964
Boyden1964 Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
Was getting universal credit with the LCWRA element. Due to my husbands higher earnings account was closed phoned uc and was told I would be better off claiming new style ESA which I have done. I have been for my appointment at job centre. Did not ask for fit note is this because I was awarded the LCWRA element on universal credit? On my claimant commitment it says meeting with work coach does not apply work preparation activities does not apply to me does this mean I will automatically be placed in the support group or will I have to have another work capability assessment?
Sorry for the long post hope someone can advise me.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Claiming New Style ESA will depend on your NI Contributions from working in the previous 2 tax years. The years they will look at are April 2016 to March 2018. If you didn't work between those dates and pay NI Contributions then you won't be able to claim this.

If your claim is successful you'll automatically be placed into the Support Group because you already have LCWRA but this doesn't mean you won't be re-assessed at anytime. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Boyden1964
    Yes I did work I was dismissed from work on medical grounds November 2017. Do you know how long it takes for a decision to be made?
  • poppy123456
    Possibly a few weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Boyden1964
    Thank you for your help 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. DWP will write to you with a decision and if eligible then all the details of payments will be in the letter.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.