PIP form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP form

Options
Tamazie
Tamazie Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi ppl I am a carer to my son who has austim. Also other son with adhd..I have arthritis...and work .. I'm struggling to cope and have asked for a pip form.... I dont really no if I am entitled to it but I can't see me staying in work much longer.. Any advice ? X

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Tamazie how are you doing today? Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear you have found it challenging to cope, you can check using the PIP self test and also our benefits calculator to see what benefits you can claim.

You can also get in touch with your local carers centre for advice and support.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask :)
  • Tamazie
    Options
    Hi .. thanks for the welcome. Normally I am fine but lately I just feel like my kids need me more than my dead end job lol... you no what I mean x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,207 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. You'll need evidence to support your claim and this should be sent with the form when you return it.

When filling out the form you should put down as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Adding 2-3 real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

If you need extra time to return the form you can ring and ask for an extra 14 days.

Expect a face to face assessment because most people have them. It's rare to have a paper based assessment.

Claims can take anything from a few months and more. If successfully award then you'll be backdated the money to the date you rang to start your claim.

This link may help you understand the descriptors and what they mean.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tamazie
    Options
    Thank you for all your help 

Brightness