Can you receive the money before a decision letter is sent or not? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you receive the money before a decision letter is sent or not?

sassy23
sassy23 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited May 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello I applied for Pip in mid January after having give up work due bad severe arthritis blood clots cartilage problems COPD and depression. I also get Universal Credt LCWA rate I had an assessment for that on March 28th receiving extra element now. Then had an assessment on May 2nd for pip got a text on 13th I were told by the Assessor 4 to 6 weeks. 

Can you receive the money before a decision letter is sent or not?

Please advise as this is my first time claiming. My mobility has become bad since the arthritis were diagnosed last August. Then had 3 mri scans, which discovered I have disc problems cartilage problems with severe leg swelling. 

Please advise will i I’ll I hear from pip very soon, my assessment were 2nd of May the assessors called on May 3rd to as extra to my report has I do pass out a lot also then got a text they’ve got my written report and they will write with a decision on my pip what does this mean? 

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    welcome to the forum, someone here will give you better advice than i can offer, but welcome from me all the same, good luck
  • sassy23
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sassy23

Good Evening and Welcome ???

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes I have also had my pip assessment recently.

The lady mentioned that I would receive a some Info within 6wks.

We have got some info on here with regards to “pip”

Please let me know if this would be helpful????

@steve51
  • sassy23
    Yes Steve this would be so helpful thanks 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sassy23

“No probs”

Here’s some info to start with.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip

Please please have a good through this info!!!!!

We have got more “info/advice”
    if you need it????

@steve51

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I had my assessment on April the 4th and I'm still waiting for a decision, they say within six weeks but then others get told 8 - 12 weeks.

You can call and ask for a copy of the report and to see if they've made a decision if you are able to call them.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you're successful then people do receive backdated money in their bank before they receive the decision letter.

There's no timescales to decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. You can request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you if you live in the UK, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @sassy23 how are you doing today? You have received some good advice here. If you have further questions, please let us know. There's some information how a decision is made on PIP claims. All the best :)
  • sassy23
    Thanks for the info!  I should hear soon ,my assessment were 2nd May 2019 , the assessor said 4 to 6 weeks wait - then the assessor called on 3rd May wanted further information as they were concerned about me passing out and mobility as I have difficulties walking. I got a text from PIP on 13th May 2019, they will write a decision on my PIP within 6 weeks no need to contact them unless my details have changed. I receive LWCRA which is Limited capability for work & work related activity that I get on Universal Credit I receive the extra element now after having a assessment on 28th March 2019 now receiving extra element. The text I got from PIP does it sound promising - it looks like they’ve added extra to my report a day after my assessment they called. 

Thank you for the info!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    The text you received is just a standard text they send once they have all the evidence they need. Everyone that gives a mobile number will receive the same text.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sassy23
    Thanks @poppy123456 - tomorrow makes it officially 3 weeks since my assessment , but also called me the next day before sending off my report to add extra to my report as I pass out a lot plus my mobility as become so bad I didn’t go to the assessment alone either then got my text 13th May 2019 I say no news is good news. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    As Poppy has advised you should ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sassy23
    Ok thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.