Where do I stand? Is PIP not DLA in 4 weeks arrears please help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Where do I stand? Is PIP not DLA in 4 weeks arrears please help

justg72
justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
I have only ever been in receipt of PIP and I have just got my decision which has gone from enhanced for both to nothing. I have just received my last PIP payment and it isnt 4 weeks in arrears its short, is this right as my understanding is that PIP has kept back 4 weeks of money in arrears, when I first got it. When it ends I thought you got the full 4 weeks as your last payment on the day you normally receive it? Please can anybody give me any advice on this as I dont know where I stand.
Thankyou 

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't know what the amount is you have received, . but it could be they have paid you up to the date of the award which might be two weeks. 
    We have to wait four weeks or more to be paid, but they do not appear to honour the arrears if you award is reduced or refused. 
    It totally stinks!

My DLA stopped the month I was awarded pip. I didn't get the three weeks they owed the next month.
    Pip didn't actually pay me properly for 8 weeks because they allowed for that plus their 4 week arrears. 
    The "nobody losses money moving to pip" is a joke! 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    When I lost my PIP, they stopped it 4 days into my 4-weekly payment cycle. I got paid for 4 days 10 days later.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Phone the DWP who will give you the reasons for your payments being stopped, are you going to appeal the decision of you being taken from enhanced to nill on both counts, you should if you know or feel you are entitled or have been wrongly awarded. Or you weren't eligible for PIP in the first place.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Waylay said:
    When I lost my PIP, they stopped it 4 days into my 4-weekly payment cycle. I got paid for 4 days 10 days later.
    That's right. If your PIP was cancelled then you would get paid for the days up until the decision date.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    justg72 said:
    I have only ever been in receipt of PIP and I have just got my decision which has gone from enhanced for both to nothing. 

Quite the norm unfortunately for some. This happened three times in my case over the past 5 years.
    It gets draining and some like me just don't want to go through anymore of it.
  • brandon6500
    brandon6500 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I canceled my pip a week ago l. due to be payed tomorrow  will i get the 4 week arrears? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    I canceled my pip a week ago l. due to be payed tomorrow  will i get the 4 week arrears? 
    Answered on your other thread here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/60011/i-canceled-my-pip-a-week-ago-due-to-be-payed-tomorrow-will-i-get-4-weeks-arrears#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.