Pip northern ireland — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip northern ireland

bernie87
bernie87 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Hi just wondering if anyone has any idea about northern Ireland timescales. Its been 13 weeks from my claim started and 8 weeks from my face to face. I was sent a message saying I'd hear within 6 weeks when they received my report but still nothing. I had rung last week and told it was still with the dm and to ring back today. I did this and was told it's in the process. Does that mean the decision is being processed or just another way to say its with the dm? Also because I'm in northern Ireland we cannot get our assessment letter from them until we recieve the decision which means I'm totally in the dark

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @bernie87, Hello, there is no actual time scale for a decision to be made on your award. You are correct that you can not request a copy of your assessment report till you have received your award notification letter. 
  • bernie87
    Thanks wilko. Was just seeing if anyone else in northern Ireland had a rough idea. I dont understand why the say an time ie 6 weeks then they leave you not knowing its s frustrating 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @bernie87 and welcome to the community. It sounds like nothing has been confirmed yet unfortunately. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you. Please keep us informed and let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • bernie87
    Thank you @Adrian_Scope. Thought as much. I will definitely keep you informed 
  • meaghan
    meaghan Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    hi bernie87 I am also from ni reland and waiting 21 weeks since first appling for pip after my assessment and hearing nothing started to enquire after week 8 .told me it was with audit not to worry didn't need any more info ect then got a call to say needed another assessment as you can imagine my anxiety was through the roof no explanation could be given ,I have now had a second f2f assessment 3 wks ago rang today its still with capitia its awful very stressful even people on the phone are saying its very unusual but nothing they can do ,so hopefully you don't have to go through same as me ,just wanted to let you know in case its some sort of back log 
  • bernie87
    Omg @meaghan that is horrendous. Did they say why they needed to give you a second f2f? I'm sure you are going crazy! Not really fair putting people through so much stress. I had assumed there was a back log when I rang and they were just passive with it considering i was given a time frame and it's now passed. Hope you get yours all sorted soon 
  • meaghan
    Hi bernie 87 no few days before told me it was still with audit andsay didnt know why it was talking so long ..i then rang dwp they didnt even know i had had my first assessment they said they couldnt do anything untill capita sent the assessment to them ...eventually after 3 weeks going back forth fro capitia to dwp ..i got the phone call saying they need second assessment. No explanation given they didnt seem to know why .i can only guess they lost it or first assessment made a blunder and left .but still unfair on me ..i rang today again to ask any decision on my second assessment as it been 3 weeks ..again its still with capita so here we go again..hope you get sorted soon bernie good luck 
  • meaghan
    Hi bernie so in total i waited 8 weeks from first assessment and now 3 from second assessment and and 21 wks in total from applying for pip ...
  • bernie87
    @meaghan that is unreal. No explanation no nothing. I assume when they done the audit they realised that the assessor hadn't done it right? 21 weeks is a really long time. Feel bad considering mine has only been 13 and I'm complaining lol 
  • bernie87
    @meaghan have you heard anything yet? 
  • meaghan
    Hi bernie87 had my second assessment ..nothing yet except a text saying they have received my written assessment. And will hear within 6 weeks ...its already 20 weeks since applying for pip ...
  • meaghan
    Did you get anyword your self bernie87..hope all went well for you its so stressful waiting for the outcome ..
  • bernie87
    @meaghan No still nothing. It's been 9 weeks since i have received that message. Rang and they said the is no timeframe that's just a guideline and it can take as long as needed. Coming up 16 weeks on mine now and doesnt look like it's going to end anytime soon unfortunately 
  • meaghan
    Its awful ...heard of people getting it within 4 weeks i am going to ring this wk if i hear nothing by fri ...
  • bernie87
    @meaghan that's all I ever hear about how quick everyone's is. Mine all went really quick at the start so think I had a false sense of hope lol. Good luck when I ring they just say theres no update and that's it done
  • meaghan
    Awful system they have cant understand how it can take so long in certain areas and really quick in others ..16 weeks for you and 22 for me is unbelievable to say the least ...
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. If the report is chosen for audit then this can significantly delay the decision process because there's no timescales how long the report will remain in audit.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • meaghan
    Well unfortunately ive had to endure 2 f2f assessments and still no.reason for 2 or no decision its just added stress that dosent help me and ii know other people in same situation just the waiting is unbearable 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck with your assessment! 
  • meaghan
    Thanks everyone for all your help and advice its my first time ever having to claim for anything untill  now and find it all very daunting and really just very stressed .its great to get help and advice ..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.