Incpcacitybenefit to esa mix up — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Incpcacitybenefit to esa mix up

Matthewsheehy24
Matthewsheehy24 Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
Can someone give me some information please.I had a letter from Dwp saying I may be eligible for income related esa.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Those that transferred across were placed onto Contributions based ESA and some weren't assessed for any income related top up. Because of this they are contacting everyone that transferred across, whether you qualify or not. Some will be and have been owed money but there's been others that haven't been owed anything.

Whether you're owed any money will depend on your circumstances between the dates in the letter. The things they look at are, living with part that works, or claims any other benefits, savings/capital, pensions.

If you think you're owed something the the best thing you can do is fill out the form, return it and DWP will assess you. It can take 12-20 weeks for DWP to make a decision, when they do they will contact you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    When I spoke to dwp about my esa I asked them if I was one of those affected she said no over the phone.Then I have a form to fill in I didn’t fill it in because the dwp said I wasn’t one of those affected.I had a letter from the dwp that is sorting the mix up I phoned the number and asked why I was told I wasn’t one of those affected he said they wouldn’t know if I was affected only the department that is dealing with the mix up will know.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Without knowing all your details since you started your ESA claim then it's impossible to tell you if you're one of the ones that were underpaid and it's impossible to do that on an internet forum.

The only way to know for sure is to fill out the form and wait for a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Ok thanks for your advice again poppy 123456

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.