Tribunal is Tomorrow! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal is Tomorrow!

Fibro_Pincess
Fibro_Pincess Community member Posts: 14 Listener
In just 15 hours I will be sitting down and listening to the DWP tell me why i am a liar.

I'm terrified ?

I am curious how long it takes for a first payment and when does the backdated pay come through? I'm really hoping it's sooner than 4-6 weeks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's not always a DWP representative at the hearing and when there is they don't always say anything.

Good luck for tomorrow, if a decision goes in your favour payments can take 8 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck! You are in my prayers tonight
  • zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    good luck and tbh while i've only done one Tribunal, most stories you have from them are much better than most assessment ones, so fingers crossed you get the correct results and tbh there more on your side than most who help out, so sure you won't need my luck and say so
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck for tomorrow @Fibro_Pincess! Let us know how you get on :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Fibro_Pincess
    Thanks, I'm really hoping it snt 8 weeks before I get any backpay or anything at all. It takes less than that to get a ESA claim put through ??‍♀️

I made the mistake of reading some posts and people have said they're some nasty people on the panel of judges
  • zakblood
    well i've kept all my Tribunal notes and reports and have some very pleasant and memorable moments from mine and nothing but praise and compassion for them, not just because i won, it was the fact that they really felt sorry for me and my case and said so from the start, had good memories from meeting some people who came out before me and spoke to them, they were a good lot with much worse illness than me, but they came out smiling and seem full of it also, and when i left there was some others waiting to go in, so a busy place that was for sure, right in the middle of my largest city mind you, and about the only part i really didn't like being a town or village type person, scared to death of heights and bust places, so was somewhat of a challenge to get me there into a city, but managed ok in the end, don't think of them as Judges as there not, there medical experts and lawyers types

mines was a Judge, Doctor, and a Disability Adviser and a clerk, who took the notes, but some say now this has altered and changed, then again mine was 12 years ago, so maybe a lot has, but the basic part hasn't "You are not on trial" so nothing really to worry about and i'm sure you will find it better than your previous dealings with any department or assessment, mine surly was
  • shell73
    shell73 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
    I went yesterday and it wasn't that bad I was thinking oh no it's going to be like I'm on trail here but it wasn't it's just questions are ask and they make you feel at ease as they know your nervous any way and I won my appeal .
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Best of luck today @Fibro_Pincess, let us know how you get on!

Well done on your successful appeal and tribunal @shell73. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • naii1234
    naii1234 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    My tribunal was 6 weeks ago still waiting to be backpayed i rang them and she said shes put a note to say its urgent so hopefully it shouldnt be too much longer .. as for the tribunal part they asked me about 5 questions then sent me outside i had a decision within a couple of mintues good luck with your tribunal just be honest ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope today goes well for you @Fibro_Pincess! I'll keep my fingers crossed!
    @naii1234, hopefully you wouldn't have to wait much longer! :)
    Scope

• Fibro_Pincess
    Thank you all, we received decision today.
    I was hoping to get more points, but I am awarded basic living 
    It's better than nothing, but I do think we should have received more, 
    At least it's over fornthe next year
  • zakblood
    anything better than nothing, so glad your now stress free for another year, i scored 0 points, but a different test, so also would have liked more o:)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Fibro_Pincess, great news about the decision, I'm sorry it's not the outcome you had hoped for!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.