How long now for Decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long now for Decision?

NB1492
NB1492 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
good afternoon to all, i hope everyone is well as can be.

i have recently put in for a change of circumstances due to being diagnosed with Epilepsy alongside my current diagnosis of EUPD., to which it was sent to the assessment provider in my area (IAS - Atos) , a Paper based report was completed on the 05th of June and report sent back to DWP that same day, with my receiving the usual ' we've received the written report of your assessment' the following day (06th).

I was told yesterday that it has been allocated to a CM, how long realistically with it take for the CM to come to a decision, i know they work in date order etc but surely it cant take another 4-6 weeks from it being assigned?

on a side note, i received  a copy of my assessment report yesterday, and if the CM goes with the HCP recommendation, i will be going from standard DL &MB, to Standard DL, Enhanced Mob, And will be left alone for 2 years :)

Oh, and before i forget, will the Enhanced Mob be backdated to when i told them about the change? (Early May)

Thanks to all in advance!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no timescales for decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. It's very unusual for them to go against the report. Money will be backdated to the date you rang to report the change, if they go with the report.

Hopefully not too long now. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • NB1492
    Many, many thanks for your swift reply Poppy, and oh that's great news! should mean a little bonus when i next get my payment! :D 

Hopefully the decision is made before next Tuesday (payday for my pip). I was under the impression that once it was with the CM that it should this week-ish.

I have find solace in the assessment report, but I'm sure i speak for every claimant when i say i wont be free of anxiety until i have the decision in black and white, and as much as i appreciate the advice given, i understand that i cant make things so quicker, im just trying to ease my anxiety :(
  • NB1492
    Just an update, I've received a duplicate assessment report today, except the covering letter now states 'Decision to follow'. Whereas my previous one just warned that the PA3 was subject to change etc. 

This new one also has a handwritten signature closing the letter, is that a CM? 

Sorry to be a pain I'm just losing sleep and not eating due to this anxiety from waiting :(
  • poppy123456
    The PA3 is the paper based assessment report, which can always be subject to change but they mostly go with the report and very rarely go against it.

I have no idea who could have signed the letter i'm afraid. I know it's horrible waiting for the decision but there's nothing you can do until that decision is made. Its very rare for them to go against the report. My daughters PIP decision went with the report, which was also paper based.

Hopefully not too long now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • NB1492
    Thank you Poppy once again, is it worth me ringing and asking to put a note on the system for the CM to call me once they've made the decision as to put my mind at ease instead of waiting another 7-10days :( (for the letter) 

Again apologies if I sound like a broken record am just pulling my hair out as because I've been (according to pa3) awarded enhanced mob from standard on the basis I have seizures without warning, and cannot do (f) safely or reliably. Thats what it says on the report.

The part that worries me is the bit she typed above that which states that 'he goes out daily to collect his medication from his local chemist, he keeps headphones on to avoid contact with other people' 

I've currently got an award of standard mob for descriptor E due to OPD, will this conflicting cause me problems? Sorry again 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. It's highly unlikely that the CM will ring you once a decision is made, even if you ask them to.

I know you're worried and i totally understand that, i can also related to it too. The worst part is waiting but really it's rare for them to go against the report.
  • NB1492
    Thanks Poppy once again,

I relented to my anxiety and called them to ask very politely if the CM could call me once the decision is made, the lady on the phone told me she would do that, asked for a reason and I told them stress is a trigger for my epilepsy which it is and that was that.

Funnily enough she also said that once it's with a CM, it should be a week or 2, not 4 to 6 like the other operators tell you.

Do you have any thoughts regarding the end of my previous post? Regarding 11E changing to 11F due to different criteria being hit?
  • NB1492
    Update: VERY helpful and informative DWP advisor told me that there is a 'yellow marker' on my file meaning someone is working on it now. 

Sick of no sleep, no eating and vomiting bile day after day due to all the anxiety!

Hopefully this means a decision is imminent? 
  • poppy123456
    Hopefully not too long now.
  • NB1492
    Are decisions still taking 6-12 weeks currently? 

It's been in an actual CMs inbox now for quite some time, would I be right in thinking reviews and new claims are looked at before any C of C claims? 

Many thanks to all ^^
  • poppy123456
    There's no timescale for any decision. Backlog is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.

I'm not sure what C of C claims are sorry.

If you've had your face to face assessment and you live in the Uk ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
  • NB1492
    Sorry for the confusion, I meant change of circumstances and thank you for the advice. 
  • poppy123456
    Oh ok thanks. I believe they are placed in a pile in no particular order and looked at in turn.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I really hope it is not much longer now @NB1492! I'll keep my fingers crossed!
    Scope

• NB1492
    Thanks chloe, me too!

Is a case manager adding my file as a task In their inbox different to just being allocated to a CM? 

The advisor I just spoke to has confused me as she said it's been added to his inbox and could be imminent. Then said or it could be 6-8 weeks.

So confused and stressed :(
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @NB1492, unfortunately I'm not too sure about this one. I'm not surprised you are finding this stressful! I really hope you aren't waiting too long!
    Scope

• NB1492
    @Chloe_Scope

Just received a letter through the post explaining they have all the info needed etc dated 19th of june. 

How much longer is it after receiving this letter usually for a decision? :)
  • poppy123456
    That will just be a standard letter they send everyone and doesn't really mean a decision will be made soon. Backlogs can still cause delays. Some are waiting several weeks after receiving that letter. Hopefully not too long now.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @NB1492 - there no way to tell, it just depends on how busy they are.....

IIRC mine took about 9 weeks but I can't be certain (this was about a year ago - things seem to be busier)
  • NB1492
    I see all of your points, I've only just seen them now ironically after I let me head an anxious ways get the better of me and I caved in and called them again. 

They advised that a decision should be made this week? Which, judging from what you've all said, would have been said by him erroneously. He initially quoted 10-12 weeks for 'reconsiderations' to which I corrected him and made him aware it was a change of circumstances. To which he asked his manager and then come back and said 'soon, this week probably'. Which got my Hope's up for being able to sleep more than 4 hours hahah :( 

He did re iterate that again, it has a yellow tick next to it which apparently means it's been looked at as we speak but I was told that a few weeks ago too so who knows. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.