hi all — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hi all

RainbowJo
RainbowJo Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
so im jo. (female hence no e). im 45 till august. i love most animals. arts and crafts. writing but not so much reading. gaming.

ok so i have a long list of factors that bought me here. ill list them and if u want to know anything about them feel free to ask. 

im registered severe sight impared (used to be blind) iv limited vision close up. 
congenital cataracts (removed)
nystagmus 
tunnel vision
glaucoma
aphacia
highatis hernia
high blood presure
antiphospholipid syndrome 
depression 
disociative identity disorder 
bpd
ocd
anxioty
some kind of degenerative back issue
looking to do get a diagnosis for autism 

phew i think thats them all. thanks for reading. 

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    welcome to the forum young lady
  • RainbowJo
    thank u.
    zakblood said:
    welcome to the forum young lady
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the Community, @RainbowJo.  It is nice to meet you.  How are you today?  I like animals and arts and crafts too.  What kind of arts and crafts do you enjoy doing?  If we can be of any help to you then please just let us know.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • RainbowJo
    i draw. colour. use water colour brush pens. clay. cant think lol diamond painting. 

today im in a lot of pain. im in a hospital rehab ward after a fall 2 weeks ago that did my back in. so yeah not too much fun really lol. 

thank u for the welcome. 

here is a biro pen sketch of my late cat lily. she was 18 and a half years young. 

• Ails
    Oh wow, that is a fantastic sketch of Lily!  She looks beautiful and 18 and a half is a great age!  My cat, Christy, is 6.  That sounds like some really interesting drawing/painting that you do.  I have never head of diamond painting before.  Have you been doing that long?  I'm sorry to hear about your fall and that you are in so much pain.  I hope you feel better soon and you get home asap.  :smile:
  • RainbowJo
    thank u. so do i. but its going slowly lol. lily was a rescue cat id had her 5 years that felt like her entire life. 

dimond painting is done by sticking round or square plastic resins on a pre printed canvas. 

• Ails
    Glad your pain is easing slowly @RainbowJo.  I hope you feel better soon.  Lily sounds lovely.  My cat is a rescue cat too.  I think rescue animals make great pets!  Thanks for sharing the images of diamond painting.  It looks fab!  I think I recognise it now and have seen it before online.  It looks very intricate and must take a lot of patience.  I hope you enjoy it.  I do knitting and like to make cards.  Get a lot of enjoyment from it.  :smiley:
  • RainbowJo
    @Ails

ur welcome. the diamond painting is really easy. the repetitiveness is calming. 

my sister is a trustee for the pet rescue charity i got my lily from. miss her dearly but i cant have pets any more as the carers wont even hover up cat hair. if i get a guide dog they will be stuffed as they cant say no to that. 
  • Ails
    Oh that's good that the diamond painting is easy then and the repetitiveness calming.  I may give it a go sometime as always looking for a new craft to do as get bored with cards after a while.  Yes, you must miss Lily a lot as pets become such a big part of your family.  It's horrible when they go!  I have had 2 dogs in the past and I was traumatised when they died.  Dreading the day my Christy goes!  Hopefully not for a while though!  That's terrible that you feel that you can't have any pets because of your carers.  Yes, getting a guide dog would be a good thing.  They do wonderful work.  :smile:
  • RainbowJo
    @Ails my sister has a georgous cat i get to love too so not too bad. 

i get mine from wish as they r just as good quality but way cheaper. u do have to wait a bit for them to arrive. 
  • Ails
    Oh that's lovely @RainbowJo that you get to love your sister's cat too.  Cats are awesome!  Oh I have never heard of Wish before.  I will need to look that up, thanks.  It's normally Amazon that I order stuff from.  Be worth the wait if they are cheaper.  :smiley:
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @RainbowJo   Pleased to meet you. Thank you for sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions on the forum.

Please if I can help or advise or wish to ask anything..

If you need to any support or organisations or further information relevant to your conditions or illness.

Be happy to find out for you.  Be supportive.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • RainbowJo
    @Ails they r worth it. iv bought from both and there really is no difference in quolity. there r tons of youtube that will show u how to do it but its easy. 

@thespiceman thank u for the welcome. 
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering

Hello @Ranibowjo

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A warm Welcome to the Community

Thank you for reaching out to us. I hope you are having a good day today,

Oh my that is a lot of conditions, you are suffering with,

Sorry you are hospital, but at least you are getting some practical help and support.

I must say you are a very talented artist.

If we can be of any help or support to you please let us know.

Enjoy the rest of your day

• Ails
    Thanks for the tips @RainbowJo.  The diamond painting does look great so I will definitely give it a go and will let you know how I get on.  How are you feeling today?  :smile:
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @RainbowJo welcome to the community. I'm sorry you're going through so much, but know that we're all here to help and support you should you need anything. You're art is lovely.
  • RainbowJo
    @Connie00 thank u for ur kindness. and the welcome. ?

@Ails ur welcome. will look forward to seeing wich u choose to do. im ok today. bit of pain as my back twinged but considering 2 weeks ago when they thought id fractured my spine in a few places im great so knowing that keeps me going. ?

@emmarenshaw thank u ffor the welcome and ur comment about my art. ?
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RainbowJo

Good Evening it’s great to meet you today.

I am another Community Champion here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with???

@steve51
  • RainbowJo
    @steve51 thank u for the welcome. 

im still trying to work out the best place for what i want to say. it relates to adult social care and none physical abuse. iv got a bit of time to work it out as im in hospital anyway. 

Brightness