Advice with PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice with PIP appeal

lostpuppy42
lostpuppy42 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited June 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
im new to the benefits thing and i have to say im struggling can anyone advise on pip?? can i appeal even although my medical was 3 mnths ago ? i feel realy cheated 

Comments

• lostpuppy42
    feeling lost and confused ive got 2 disabled kids and me and my kids get nothing angry confused ,alone and honestly for the first time im scared 
  • Pipquestions2
    Pipquestions2 Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    If you've got the result from the medical you need to do a mandatory reconsideration. They give you a month to do this but up to 13 months I believe if you have a good reason for it to be delayed
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @lostpuppy42 and welcome to the community. When did you receive your decision for PIP?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • lostpuppy42
    hi i got it roughly 8/9wks ago but only just found out you can challenge i was on ,enhanced with min mobility points its been lowered to standard and zero mobility points , but ive got alot worse also im going in for copd tests and sleep test 
  • craig23
    craig23 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Hey guys I posted a while back about my situation.. ? over 3 and half years fighting D. W. P I just been awarded P. I. P standard rate works out £57.80 a week I think. I've got advanced osteoarthritis in my knees and spondylitis in my back, I've been through **** with benefits system. but still have to have a universal credit assessment it's never ending... ? but thanks for all the replys and help on this site... ??
  • craig23
    craig23 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    I'm still in a log of pain and don't sleep well, my mental health has taken huge hit over the last 3 and half years. Still not in a great place with my mental health but ohh well... ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    hi i got it roughly 8/9wks ago but only just found out you can challenge i was on ,enhanced with min mobility points its been lowered to standard and zero mobility points , but ive got alot worse also im going in for copd tests and sleep test 
    You need to request the Mandatory Reconsideration but you have to have good reason why you didn't request it in the first month. If they don't accept your reasons they'll send you a decision letter and the decision will remain the same but most do. Your next step will be Tribunal.

Do be aware that they won't take into consideration any worsening of condition since the decision was made. Further advice is needed from an advice centre near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.