Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

Options
Merclondon
Merclondon Community member Posts: 28 Connected
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son had his f2f at home on Monday , they offered home visit never requested it , not moaning about that as he would have gone mad going to a assessment centre as would be very anxious, anyway the assessor arrived and was very nice , she could see my son was anxious and said she would chat to me and not my son , he went into his bedroom , she chatted about the form I completed and left , I was very shocked as I had read that all assessors chat to the claimant and don’t like anyone else talking , just wondered if anyone else had this experience, I’m pleasantly surprised if I’m honest , I know this don’t mean it will be a great outcome , or is it some kind of trick ? Bit confused 

Comments

• Merclondon
    Options
    Hi , no not his appointee which I did explain to the assessor who didn’t mind at all 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Then your son was very lucky that the HCP was so understanding.

Leave it about a week and ring DWP to request a copy of the report. This will give him some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the recommendations in that report but he'll still need to wait for a decision.

Decision times vary depending on backlogs in your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Merclondon
    Options
    Yes he was very lucky and thank you yes I will do that , wasn’t sure what to do next 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Merclondon and welcome to the community. I'm glad to hear your son had a positive assessment experience. 
    When you get the assessment report, if there's anything you're unsure of or want some help understanding it, please don't hesitate to ask. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Merclondon
    Options
    Thank you so much 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.