Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

Options
mel2019
mel2019 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Hi all,
I'm looking for some help

I put in for pip last November I got refused the assessor scored me zero points on everything she lied in the report.
I'm asking for a tribunal 
I have really bad anxiety and depression along with my panic attacks it's all making really I'll I also suffer with recurring kidney infections since I was 17months old I've recently found out I have a duplex kidney I also suffer with dermatitis on my hands and therefore stops me from making meals cleaning cooking washing ect. 
I'm just wondering do anyone think I have a case to take on to tribunal? I'm not good and reading or writing so my friend is helping do this, I'm wondering do I really have to go to the tribunal myself or can I just leave my support worker go who has known me from childhood and my representative, with my anxiety through the roof i really dont think I can go I dont really leave my house but I feel like if I dont go they will just refuse again? Any advise would be much appreciated thanks!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

No one can tell you whether you'll be successfully awarded or not. PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.

Yes, i'm afraid you will have to appear in person yourself and answer all the questions. Your support worker will be able to go with you for support.

Appearing in person gives you the best chance of a decision in your favour. 74% of those that appear in person have a decision in their favour. Paper based decision success rate drops drastically to between 5-8%.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mel2019
    mel2019 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Options
    Thank you! If I started on how my diagnosis affects me I'd be here alday! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.