Enhanced rate care pip pension credits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Enhanced rate care pip pension credits

juneandlucy
juneandlucy Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Hi all, I've just been told on the phone I've been awarded enhanced care component. I've a few questions.

1. As I'm over 65 does that mean my award is 10years as I heard this may be the case but the exact details people are unsure of.

2. I currently get a bit extra pension credits for low mobility DLA as I'm moving now to pip enhanced care do I still get this and if so will it be the same more or less.

3. My son has schizophrenia and lives with me im receiving 32 PW in pension credits for him does affect anything.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• juneandlucy
    I rang a few places and they seem unsure too
  • juneandlucy
    It's all very confusing and the pip people weren't helpful on phone
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi

Was this a change from DLA ?

There are two elements to PIP, you have been told that you are to get the enhanced daily care but have you been given the mobility element as well ?
    Once you reach SRA, the mobility award you have ( if any ) cannot be increased in the future.

The length of your award will be on the decision letter
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • juneandlucy
    It was a transfer from DLA I was on low mobility. I got zero points mobility but 15 care. This is despite getting taxis everywhere.

I don't want to appeal incase I lose points. As I wasn't expecting to get exhanced care.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If you accept the decision not to award you the mobility element then you cannot receive it in the future even if your needs change.
    You should seek trained advice from an agency near you, CAB, Wellfare rights, Age UK etc
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • juneandlucy
    Will do thank you

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.