PIP tribunal waiting times Birmingham — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal waiting times Birmingham

Julie567
Julie567 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been waiting 34 weeks now for a hearing. It’s completely impacted me that iv been unable to go to my medical appointments due to financial restraints. Iv also been taken to court for council tax as I just can’t manage without the help. I have written to the judge but the assessment Center hasn’t forwarded my letter. This is my third claim to PIP for multiple health problems including fibromyalgia auto immune disease and server anxiety disorder. I have won the last two. The tribunal advised pip can change the decision at anytime but PIP said they can’t. I know this is a fact they can but the manager of my pip Center has a letter or complaint of me a few years back now I had nasty and personal remarks added to the decision notices that have nothing to do with PIP. She also rang me five times when I sent my review form to ask me to make a new claim instead? . I don’t know what’s happening but it sending me serverly depressed. I have had my own business and worked all my life paying my tax’s into the system. Since been ill I cannot understand why the government are penalising the sick and wounder if any bodies knows if there’s a organisation that is really fighting this. The excuse of waiting times surly isn’t acceptable? Clearly it’s a massive Government failure to those that need it most why is this still continuing. And what help is there for people? 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Julie567   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry what you are going through and I am sure many of our members do identify the similar situations.

I am one myself and have been like your self. Have done many assessments. Also ran a business.

I would advise if I can consider looking at CAB and Welfare rights for benefit advice and appeals.  Have a look at our information on PIP posts and comments and threads may be useful.

Unfortunately the situation is this. Have you considered an advocate.  Understand the problems and issues.  Which I have written about. Other options are looking at support worker or health worker to help and advise your conditions.

The other option is contact your MP I know that many members of our community have done so. Because it is becoming the system unfair, unjust and the treatment they get from these companies doing the assessments.

All I can say I am in agreement with you and you are not alone in your plight. We as a community support each other. Hope you can find the courage and strength to carry on.

I am sure many of our community will be eager to advise you further. 

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Julie567, and a warm welcome to the community- it's great to have you here.

Thank you for sharing this with us- I'm truly sorry to hear about your experiences and what you're going through. I know in the past some of our members have had luck with phoning up the tribunals service and asking to be kept in mind for last-minute cancellations, is that something you could potentially do?
  • IrishHealy1974
    IrishHealy1974 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I missed the month deadline to appeal I've got lots other evidence I have lots mental health issues I was on DLA for life before went to pip I'm unhappy and stressed my. Money being cut I was given 11 points for care and my. Mobility taken away I have a nice gp and I soon back u der the mental health team what are the waiting times for the tribunal also I have good reason I missed the mo th deadline also I moved to uc and lost my sdp premium I've heard this is bei g sorted does anyone now when it's being paid thanks 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Sadly I have seen waiting times in excess of a year, a reflection perhaps on how many bad/poor decisions that are being made by the HCP and DWP
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.