PIP Assessment Report - no points. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment Report - no points.

megmarls
megmarls Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi all,

I recently had my PIP f2f assessment, and requested a copy of the report after reading here (as I’m still waiting on a decision). Within the report, every box is checked for zero points, however the notes made by the assessor state things that would qualify me for points.

There are a few instances of inconsistencies and downright lies (one being the assessor stating I have and use no aids then later mentioning how I was using my crutches during the assessment and often have to use a wheelchair), and I fully expect to have to appeal the decision, but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience where the assessor has advised no points yet made notes which contain information which WOULD qualify me for the points, or if there’s any advice anyone could give me.

Thanks!

Comments

• megmarls
    Should add I’ve also just noticed I was only sent pages 1-28 of the report and am missing pages 29-30, would anyone be able to tell me what’s usually contained on those two pages?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You'll need to wait for a decision to be made, once it has then you have 1 month from that date to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 real life examples of that happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

I have 3 PIP reports here, two PA4 and one PA5 and all of them have 28 pages, not 30.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @megmarls

A very warm welcome.

As explained by @poppy123456 the assessment report runs into 28 pages.

I can verify this by way of example, my last assessment report, which is a pro-forma template document designed by DWP.

Could you expand on why pages 29 and 30 are missing and how you arrived at this prophecy?

Best wishes.

• suzy_sugar2005
    suzy_sugar2005 Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    Page 29 is an additional comments box and 30 the details of the assessor and their name. Also states consideration/writing up time 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    megmarls said:
    Hi all,

I recently had my PIP f2f assessment, and requested a copy of the report after reading here (as I’m still waiting on a decision). Within the report, every box is checked for zero points, however the notes made by the assessor state things that would qualify me for points.

There are a few instances of inconsistencies and downright lies (one being the assessor stating I have and use no aids then later mentioning how I was using my crutches during the assessment and often have to use a wheelchair), and I fully expect to have to appeal the decision, but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience where the assessor has advised no points yet made notes which contain information which WOULD qualify me for the points, or if there’s any advice anyone could give me.

Thanks!

• megmarls
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @megmarls

A very warm welcome.

As explained by @poppy123456 the assessment report runs into 28 pages.

I can verify this by way of example, my last assessment report, which is a pro-forma template document designed by DWP.

Could you expand on why pages 29 and 30 are missing and how you arrived at this prophecy?

Best wishes.

I have no idea why the pages are missing, I just noticed at the bottom of each page it was numbered “_ of 30”, yet there were no pages 29 or 30, it just stopped at 28! 

Thank you@suzy_sugar2005 for letting me know what’s on them, I was just worried I would be missing any information I may need for when i inevitably have to do an MR.
  • atlas46
    Hi @megamarls

You need to look at the right hand footer on each page of the report.

Page one footer will say 1 of 28 and repeated on every page to 28 of 28.

As this is a standard pro-forma document of the DWP, it cannot be increased, on a case by case basis.

The only thing that comes near to your notion, are pages 26 and 27, which provides the assessor to add to “continuation box” about the assessment.

Check what is stated on pages 26 and 27, and if there is need for overspill onto more pages.

I think we might need the assistance of Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson on this one!

Best wishes
  • megmarls
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @megamarls

You need to look at the right hand footer on each page of the report.

Page one footer will say 1 of 28 and repeated on every page to 28 of 28.

As this is a standard pro-forma document of the DWP, it cannot be increased, on a case by case basis.

The only thing that comes near to your notion, are pages 26 and 27, which provides the assessor to add to “continuation box” about the assessment.

Check what is stated on pages 26 and 27, and if there is need for overspill onto more pages.

I think we might need the assistance of Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson on this one!

Best wishes
    That’s exactly what I was looking it, it’s very odd. I don’t know what’s happened there. There’s no need for overspill as the assessor hasn’t used the continuation box present on page 28.

• suzy_sugar2005
    @megamarls

I would suggest writing a letter to your CM if you are not happy with the report. Get one in before they make the decision
  • megmarls
    @megamarls

I would suggest writing a letter to your CM if you are not happy with the report. Get one in before they make the decision
    I’ll be calling them on Monday to both ask if a decision is made and tell them I’m unhappy with the report and why, and will follow it up with a letter afterwards so I have written evidence as well (as I’ll have to phone to get the information for my CM anyway). 

It’s just very disappointing as I suffer from moderate to severe CFS/M.E and the report focused mostly on the fact I did not look tired and said I can manage tasks unaided directly after detailing how I had explained I need help to perform the actions or cannot perform them at all.
  • suzy_sugar2005
    I can relate to your frustrations. Hopefully they havent made a decision yet as you can ask them to hold off giving your case to the CM until he receives your letter. I did this and now before a decision a supplimentary report has been done an sent back to the CM and QAM
  • megmarls
    I can relate to your frustrations. Hopefully they havent made a decision yet as you can ask them to hold off giving your case to the CM until he receives your letter. I did this and now before a decision a supplimentary report has been done an sent back to the CM and QAM
    I don’t think they have as they only received my f2f report on the 2nd, so hopefully not, but if so I’ll just have to appeal. Hopefully I can at least speak directly to my case manager, but I’ll see on Monday!

Thank you for the suggestion, it’s helped me feel far less stressed knowing there’s something I can do in the meantime.
  • atlas46
    Hi @megmarls

Let me sleep on this.

It has all the hallmarks of skullduggery by either the AP or DWP, neither of whom I hold in any esteem.

It might be a simple SAR might resolve your concerns (and now mine).

The font you posted Page of 28 of 30, is the exact font of my assessment report, spooky.

I read a news article today, about the poor quality of assessment reports, commissioned by DWP. The DWP blunder on, no matter what the “claimant experience”, impacts on the “claimant.”

Best wishes
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    atlas46 said:

Let me sleep on this.
    It has all the hallmarks of skullduggery by either the AP or DWP, neither of whom I hold in any esteem.

@atlas46 - I love a good who-dunnit and tales of sinister goings-on.

However I've forensically examined my report and the final page just has the assessor's name and date.

My money is on the missing page being left in a photocopier somewhere!

• suzy_sugar2005
    @megamarls

Yes definitely keep calling and keeping up to date with your application. Send the letter recorded so you know they get it. Hopefully I will get my decision this coming week. Will probably receive report first 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Keep phoning up. Send a letter through recorded delivery too. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    atlas46 said:
    Hi @megmarls

Let me sleep on this.

It might be a simple SAR might resolve your concerns (and now mine).

The font you posted Page of 28 of 30, is the exact font of my assessment report, spooky.

I read a news article today, about the poor quality of assessment reports, commissioned by DWP. The DWP blunder on, no matter what the “claimant experience”, impacts on the “claimant.”

Best wishes
    I want to read that article. Do you have a link to it or not? 
  • atlas46
    Hi @April2018mom

Sorry I can’t do the link bit, still in the quill and ink era.

If you google Disability News Service, look for article “Secret PIP files show one in three assessments by Capita had significant flaws.”

Be interested to hear your thoughts on reading this article.

Best wishes

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas46
    Hi @poppy123456

Many thanks for the link, it is indeed the article I was quoting.

Best wishes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.