Did not receive my form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Did not receive my form

Seanchai
Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
I got a letter inviting me to apply for PIP ( after nearly twenty years on DLA) I am deaf so my wife applied for me over the phone ....we never realised that the phone call was a part of the process ...but my wife was on the phone for about half an hour ....a few days later we received thr application form for PIP ,  we made an appointment at the carers centre and we got an appointment for around a weel later ....my wife went into the carers centre and got a lady to help her fill the form out ( which we had went over and answered all the questions on our own notes) ..it took hours to fill the form out and that day my wife came home and I signed the form and we posted it off ( we were advised by the CAB not to send it recorded delivery....and not to worry as they would receive it at the PIP offices) My wife went to the local post office the next morning and posted it ( this was the beginning of July ..2nd or 3rd) Today we received a letter from them ...of course I thought it was my assessment date ....but it said that they had not received my form and they were giving me another 14 days to send the form in and if they do not receive it in that time my DLA will be stopped . You can imagine how we felt  ,, especially after us going to post it recorded delivery . Of course this being Saturday,  we cannot do anything until Monday . If we have to get a copy of my application it could take a week or more ....so my copy of the application ( signed and dated by the CAB) will have to be recorded delivery ...we should have went with out but instincts but were told not to send it recorded delivery . God knows what will happen now but my wife will need to phone first thing on Monday morning . A trying time made a lot worse through someones incompetence. ?? 
Anybody else have this problem ? 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Call back on Monday to find out. Don’t listen to them but just send it via recorded delivery anyway. 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    One thing I always do is Post it recorded...Always, why CAB told you that is beyond me.

Anything DWP always keep all copies and always send recorded..

What I would do is re check with the DWP to see if it has turned up. Good luck.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Seanchai
    Thanks guys ...my wife usually posts anything important like that recorded delivery ...we had forms ( years ago) going missing and from that day we send everything mportant by recorded delivery . As I say , the CAB lady advised us against it . My wife will phone in on Monday morning and I will post the outcome . Thanks for taking the time to answer guys... very much appreciated .?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I have to agree with CAB's advice about not sending it recorded delivery because it's a waste of money. All mail going to DWP goes through a mail sorting process. Being sent recorded delivery means it's signed for by someone from Royal Mail and it could be anywhere in that sorting office. It doesn't mean it's arrived with DWP and it's not classed as arriving until it's been added to the computer which can take anything up to 10 days. Proof of posting is more than enough and will prove you posted it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Seanchai
    Hi Poppy ....How can I get proof of posting without it being recorded delivery ? 
  • poppy123456
    Post office will give you proof of posting for free. This is how i always post letters to DWP i do not use recorded delivery.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Seanchai
    edited July 2019
    Hi poppy ...Neither my wife nor I have ever heard of such a service by the post office ...My wife handed the envelope containing my forms to the post office assistant and he posted it in the appropriate mail sack . 
    Thank you so much for your advice Poppy..
    Ps I thought it was the 2nd of July we posted it back (  my wife keeps all records on file ) we got the original form PIP2 on the 2nd July she posted the forms back on the 9th July ( the day after her appointment with the lady in the carers centre  (CAB) on the 8th July. The letter I received this morning ( saturday) means it was probably posted by PIP on Thursday 18th given weekends and bank holiday in the last two weeks it could well be still in the system. 
    Thank you for the advice about " proof of posting" I think a few folks will have learned something new reading your post ....very much appreciated Poppy ...thank you .
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Ive used this for years. I know you've already sent it but you can ring DWP to ask for an extra 14 days to return the form, just incase they haven't received it yet this will cover you.
  • poppy123456

@poppy123456 I would also agree you can do this route also that you've explained as it would save people money. Free proof of posting. Never tried that way myself.

Me being old fashioned, I've always paid the extra for recorded, as I believe it gives me that little peace of mind.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Seanchai
    The letter I got from DWP on Saturday says that they have given me 14 days to return  the application Poppy . Thanks .
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    Have you checked the date on the letter?  I also received one of these letters about 2 weeks after I'd posted my form and even had a text to say they'd received it.  When I checked the date on the letter it was dated 10 days earlier!  I don't know if DWP had forgotten to post it or if it had got stuck in the postal system but it was completely redundant by the time I got it so worth checking. 

I also always get proof of purchase for DWP things, as well as photocopying them beforehand, and even photographing the envelope with the whole address on it lol.  I had thought about recorded/signed for for the MR but couldn't afford it so just went with standard post...I had never thought about the reality of signed for not proving that it's reached the correct person before though, very useful to know!

@OverlyAnxious
    The DWP will always send a reminder letter letting a couple of weeks after they've sent you the PIP2 form then you know the form needs to be back to them by so and so date.

I never give the DWP phone numbers ever.

As for posting recorded, I've done the same as you by photographing at the post office and the counter in the photo. Everything is backed up not once but twice?

Yes I also do get paranoid.

⬇️

• Seanchai
    Thanks very much for the information guys .....the letter I got on Saturday morning is dated 15th July . ...The letter stated they are giving me an extra 14 days to complete it ....and it must be returned by 9th August. I will get my wife to phone tomorrow to see if it's in the system now . 
    I never give my phone number either my friend ...I am deaf so a phone call is not much use to me .?
    Thank you all very much for taking the time to write back to my post ...it has settled my mind a little . I will let everyone know if I need to get another copy and post it off or if it's now in their system .. I will use the " proof of posting "in future Poppy ...thank you. 
  • Seanchai
    Hi guys ....my wife phoned this morning ( monday) ..and everything is fine, they now have my PIP application  form . 
    Thanks guys for putting our mind at rest a bit with letting us know this was a normal letter from them , the guy on the phone said its surprising the amount of people who say they have never received their form in the first place .So the  decision was taken to send out these " reminder" forms automatically ...we will hear from PIP within 8 weeks .
    Thanks again guys ....your replies were much appreciated ?
  • poppy123456
    I'm glad they received it. Just for you to know the 8 weeks is just a guide and nothing more. I'd take it with a pinch of salt really because it all depends on backlogs, they tell everyone 8 weeks. Some wait a couple of weeks, whiles others wait a few months and more.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Seanchai, I'm really glad your form made it there in the end! Fingers crossed it is a smooth transition from DLA to PIP for you. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really glad to hear they sorted it @Seanchai! I hope the rest of your claim goes well :)
    Scope

• Seanchai
    Thanks guys ....I will let you know how it goes ?
  • Seanchai
    Hi guys ....may i first say that i have been awarded PIP for ten years .
    Please allow me to express my thanks to Poppy123456 @ Chloe @ Sam and others who took time to chat to me about my transcition from DLA to PIP . 
    The dreaded brown envelope came sailing through my door this after noon , with intrepidation i opened it, I think the stress all left me at one time and i felt totally drained all day.
    Thank you to all who helped and encouraged me when i was at my lowest ebb , thank you all so much...especially Poppy123456.?
    May your God go with you xx?
    PS. If i can help anyone with answers to any part of the DlA to PIP process , i would be only to happy to help if possible.
    The weird thing was i got a letter from the council ( last week) about my rent and council tax saying i had been awarded a benefit by DWP and my rent benefit would stay the same .....i got my wife to phone and ask what the changes in Dwp were, but they said they could not divulge that information but the DWP will be in touch with me shortly. It looks as if the rent office knew before i did about the 'award' from the DWP.
    Not that that is bothering me in any way ....not now anyway.
    Thanks again guys , i will sleep well tonight xx
    Ps. Any questions and i will do my best to answer them ....although i,m no expert ,  but i have the battle scars.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.