What replaces pip at 64 years — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What replaces pip at 64 years

sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
edited July 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hopefully I get pip what happen when turn 64 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    @sam12, hello Sam as long as you meet the criteria for claiming PIP then you can still claim. If you are of an age retirement age then you can still claim your existing award but if you are on high mobility and loose it cannot be reinstated unless a MR or tribunal does so if having a review shortly make sure you all the relevant supporting evidence to ensure an successful outcome for your PIP award.
  • sam12
    OK thanks someone said no pip at 64 I told them they wrong he thinks he know it all. 
  • sam12
    S0 what5 happened after it.

Just had lightning no thunder 
  • sam12
    Anyone heard airwave rank song. 
  • sam12
    New taste alpro soya yoghurt no sugar add banana makes delious yogurt that healthy 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    If you`re over pension age and start needing help, is it right that you can claim AA?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    If you`re over pension age and start needing help, is it right that you can claim AA?
    Yes, providing you don't already claim PIP or DLA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • expo
    expo Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I am 66 and my PIP has been stopped. The reason is not clearly explained. It seems they are stopping PIP on as many people as they can regardless on the health condition of the person. I am now being treated like some kind of criminal and am being denied any help or guidance. The modern type of torture.

• sam12
    Am not 60 no were near more likely I get full pip am only in 40s with living difficulties effectively every day. I asked other questions but not replies 
  • sam12
    Must be reason why stopped u need contact fightback4justice@live.co.uk or find number online 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @sam12. When you're over national pension age, if you're a new claimant you'd need to apply for AA (attendance allowance) and unlike PIP there is no mobility element to this. However, if you already have a PIP claim in place you would continue claiming this.
    But it's a long way off for you to be thinking about yet! :)

Hello @expo, I'm really sorry to hear about your PIP claim ended. Have you appealed the decision? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    My pip claim  not ended  at all I Goin tribunal november what made u think my claim ended. I Will get my disability back I done my mr last year why people automatically think my claim ended I never mentioned anything about it ending. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Morning @sam12. :)
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, I don't believe anyone was thinking your claim had ended, just what would happen for other people at pension age. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    OK dont worry I just got scared lol ? any one read my wkend msg 3 days to visit my mum pls check wkend msg pls
  • sam12
    U make me feel older I sometime off yet 25 year to it 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    ilovecats said:
    I reported a post on this thread for wholly wrong advice. Why is the post still live and why has the advice not been corrected? 

Being aged 65 is irrelevant to the question. The question is what is your specific pensionable age. There is no national pensionable age at present as the ages are being equalised. Thus the age you might claim AA is different for everyone. 

You can check your personal pensionable age at https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-age
    You do love picking out my mistakes. I wonder if another member had posted it would you have taken the same action?

When I wrote that I was under the impression that 65 was pension age. I realised my mistake after the time lapse for edited had expired however people with more knowledge had posted the correct information below so I figured no harm done. 

I apologise that another of my posts has annoyed you.
    @Username_removed - I'm slightly reluctant to post a correction, but I think it's appropriate given your comments about 'wholly wrong advice' and 'why has the advice not been corrected?'

You are wrong to say that 'the ages are being equalised' 

Equalisation finished last year - state pension age is now the same for men and women.

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    @mikehughes - once again I'm quite reluctant to post this, as it's nothing to do with the original post, but I feel that it's important.

I value @ilovecats posts although you will see from my own posts that I sometimes disagree with what he/she is saying. I believe it is good to have the view of an ex-assessor - guidelines and case law are all very well but if the assessors do something completely different I'd like to know. That's just my opinion.

I don't agree that your comments 'aren't personal'' and your comment that you have concerns as regards your presence here' just proves that - it is demeaning and disrespectful.

I have thought for a while that you are trying to bully @ilovecats so that he/she stops posting and this seems to be confirmed by your last post.

Your knowledge of the system and the advice you give is very valuable. It doesn't give you the right to treat another poster in the way that you have.

• sam12
    Am not a bully. I have problems. Just leave me alone. Its me that gets bullied alot it not my style I done nothing wrong on here guess I look someone else to support me I prefer u don't msg me. Others on here helping me any more of ur rubbish msg I report u
  • sam12
    Not me mentioned about all this rubbish somebody else I only asked what replaces at 64 instead of pip I been hassled over this pension thing get a grip anymore I report all this. Am in here for support of the other people I don't really want to talk to u personally 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    sam12 said:
    Am not a bully. I have problems. Just leave me alone. Its me that gets bullied alot it not my style I done nothing wrong on here guess I look someone else to support me I prefer u don't msg me. Others on here helping me any more of ur rubbish msg I report u
    @sam12 This comment wasn't aimed at you
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.