Pip assessment points — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment points

Merclondon
Merclondon Community member Posts: 28 Connected
Hi , lucky to say had my son pip assessment report back and he scored high on both parts , the Atos assessor was really nice , since getting the report I keep reading that DWP decision maker could completely change this outcome , as in remove points etc . My question is do the DWP go with the assessors report or do they completely change things ? I’m confused because why have an assessment if not taken into consideration, I have to wait another 5 weeks to find out , just want to know how true are all the reports on Facebook, thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

What you've read on FB is not true. It's very rare for them to go against the report. You will of course have to wait for the decision but try not to worry too much, easier said than done i know.

I've had 4 PIP assessments and each one has gone with the report every time and been successfully awarded.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Merclondon
    Thank you for replying and that’s good to hear , feel better now 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done as poppy123456 states the decision maker's go along with the recommendations of the report. 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Merclondon

As has been posted, by others, there is no chance that the DWP will change what has been recommended on the assessment report.

In the past 18 months, only one recommendation has been changed, by the Case Manager.

In that particular award period of 5 years, was changed but Case Manager to 10 year award.

You and your family can can relax.

Best wishes
  • Merclondon
    Thank you for replying , it’s great to be reassured, I’m going to stay away from the pip discussions on Facebook from now on 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Merclondon, that's great that the assessment went so well and that the report recommend the higher awards! :)
    Scope

• Merclondon
    Thank you and yes so pleased with that , like everyone I was totally dreading it , my son had a home assessment which really helped 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's so great to hear @Merclondon!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.