Travel advice: Fribomalgia../CFS/ME/spondylosis/ depression — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Travel advice: Fribomalgia../CFS/ME/spondylosis/ depression

Options
DebbieN
DebbieN Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Can anyone give any advice on giong on holiday.i have wheelchair assistant but have other issues that includes sensitivity to niose and light it's more a problem at airports.
Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DebbieN, whereabouts are you doing?

I have really high sensitivity to light and wear sunglasses about 80% of the time. Is this something that may help?
    Scope

• DebbieN
    Options
    I have reflective glasses that does allow light in my eyes they are ok I have a condition called Bebaritis . It's the niose the feeling of panic it's very hot deal with the hospital's and one train that I know have set up a quiet room for people like me which is absolutely brilliant..At the airport it's like nobody understands I know people are excited to be going on holiday..

• Chloe_Scope
    Options
    @DebbieN, I can understand why an airport would be really be hard. Some airports do have quiet places (granted this is not very many), so it may be worth having a look.

There also is sunflower lanyards for people with invisible conditions, again this may be worth looking into :) 
    Scope

• DebbieN
    Options
    Thank you very much for information.its appreciated.?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    No problem @DebbieN, have you already booked to go somewhere?
    Scope

• Mika
    Mika Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Hi Debbie, yes I also would suggest sunglasses. Would you perhaps be able to wear a head set with very quiet easy listing music, obviously only as loud as you can tolerate. I have to do this with my tinnitus. Have a fabulous holiday xx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hope it's a lovely holiday @DebbieN. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness