Won my PIP TRIBUNAL APPEAL — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won my PIP TRIBUNAL APPEAL

Paul18Funmbi
Paul18Funmbi Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello to everyone
My name is Paul
I won my appeal after 1year and 6 months of waiting.
The DWP called me this morning to confirm my account details.
But I've been having a serious depression for over a week so I'm not sure if she said I would be paid tomorrow.
I can only recall her saying that my backdated payment will be paid first and I should be expecting a letter from them tomorrow detailing how much I will get BACKDATED.
Do I have to sign and return any documents before I get paid?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2019
    Hi,

That's great news. You will very likely receive payment sometime within the next week. You won't receive payment tomorrow because once it's sent then it take 3-5 working days to receive a BACS payment into your bank.

You'll most likely receive payment before you receive the letter though so look check your bank either at the end of the week or Monday.

You won't need to sign anything before receiving your backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jaja
    jaja Community member Posts: 76 Pioneering
    Hi Paul

Well done, that is fabulous news.

I agree with Poppy, I don't believe you have to sign anything.

take care
    J

• saz11
    saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    Hi Paul 

Brilliant news must have been a very long 18 months but you got there in the end. Well done for sticking with it and winning.
  • Paul18Funmbi
    Paul18Funmbi Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks a lot for your reply much appreciated.
    I will let you know how it goes..
  • nikkif
    nikkif Community member Posts: 60 Courageous
    @Paul18Funmbi I've just won my appeal on Friday so I know how relieved you feel well done. Cam I ask how long from your appeal did you wait for this phone call and to be told you'd recieve your backpay? 

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Paul18Funmbi, that's great news! You must feel so relieved!

Thank you for letting us know :)
    Scope

• sarrah
    sarrah Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Great news @Paul18Funmbi ??
    Glad you got the best outcome after waiting so long, I got my tribunral Monday after a year my anxiety is getting worse as the days get closer xxx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.