PIP report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP report

miachappy
miachappy Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there, 

Ive been here a while but first time posting, please be gentle!

I wondered, can anyone tell me if they have received the exact same PIP award as confirmed by the assessment report?

I think I may qualify for standard care according to the report but wonder if this is likely to be changed by the DM?

Comments

• KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    My award was the same as my assessment report. 
  • miachappy
    Thanks KG100.

It is interesting to know how much the DMs effect the actual decision.
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Most people I know say that the DM tends to go with the assessment report. 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @miachappy

A very warm welcome.

The CM goes with assessment report, in the 18 months, that I have been on this forum.  I have not heard of one CM changing anything.

You should get your award letter in next few weeks, keep an eye on you bank account, as payments often made, before award letter arrives.

Best wishes
  • miachappy
    Thank you Atlas and for clarifying that - I didn’t know that.
    Fingers crossed that is the case for me. Although it wasn’t 100% representation of my situation, it generally is - ish, so I don’t want to rock the boat.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I've heard of a few where they have gone against the report. Infact someone posted very recently on here about this but the DM went against it in a good way and awarded more points for the mobility part.

Mostly though, they do go with it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    miachappy said:
    Thank you Atlas and for clarifying that - I didn’t know that.
    Fingers crossed that is the case for me. Although it wasn’t 100% representation of my situation, it generally is - ish, so I don’t want to rock the boat.
    @miachappy I'm in exactly the same boat! The assessment report shows I qualify for standard rate (which is what I expected) but until I receive the decision from the case manager I keep imagining all sorts of things. I hope you don't have to wait too long. I phoned the DWP a couple of days ago and was told that it could be up to 10 weeks before I receive the decision and that my asssessment report was sat in a queue for the case manager. I too was a bit unhappy with how I was treated by the assessor, no eye contact, a bit abrupt and not reallyt what I said but in the end if I get the points (hopefully!) I am trying to focus on the bigger picture and not sweat the small stuff! I hope you don't have to wait too long. I keep checking my bank account to see if any money has been paid in. Lol. Please post again when you have received the decision. 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @Cressida

You should phone PIP helpline and request a copy of the assessment report.

You will then be able to work out, what has been recommended for your PIP award.

10 weeks seems a long time for a formal decision, which part of the UK are you in?

Keep us updated.
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @atlas46 sorry I wasn’t clear. I have a copy of the assessors report. I had the assessment on 16th July so only a couple of weeks ago. I’m in the South West, I believe I have been awarded 8 points,

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.