PIP Assessor — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessor

gypsy
gypsy Community member Posts: 15 Listener
Hi not sure if anyone can help or if it's happened to anyone else , I had my PIP assessment in Jan which i failed full of lies of course i got a short report with the assessors name on before i asked for my MR when i failed that i received the full report with the date of assessment ,time of arrival and time left along with the name of the assessor which is totally different to the one on the short report not only that but my friend who was with me has actually met the assessor on the full report twice and said its deffo NOT the one i saw .
I got my daughter to phone DWP and Capita about it all they say is " your mum was assessed it doesn't matter about the name of the assessor who she saw on the report " is this right.... 
There was so many lies and contradictions on both reports one stating that i lip read then about 3 lines down stating i had good eye contact hmm... the assessor who came here asked if i went for physio i asked her what for her reply was for RLS of course i asked her if she knew what RLS was she said yes of course cos i have it too lol in which case she would know its a neurological disorder and not muscle duh! the assessor i saw was so rude and had no deaf awareness either .
Anyway both reports differ and contradict each other as if written by two different people one i saw one i didn't two different names on reports  yet no one seems concerned about this surely it's wrong.

Comments

• gypsy
    sorry for repeats........ site kept saying it didn't send due to error lol so i kept sending didn't know it ket repeating till now :( 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I do understand that the lies and contradictions are very annoying when you receive the report but all you can do is put a complaint to the health assessment providers. Unfortunately, they don't usually do anything about it but if people continue to complain then you never know what may happen in the future.

Did you request the Tribunal after the MR failed?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gypsy
    Hi 
    Yes i requested an appeal tribunal i've had a letter from the courts just waiting for a date now, what i'm confused about more is why there's two names of assessor the main one on the full report of assessment with the assessors name isn't the one i saw it states that she's the one that came here my friend had her assessment with her as did her sister and it was deffo not her as said she'd met her . All the assessment provider said was oh well doesn't matter who's name it is on it i got assessed anyway ppfftt! 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    They do sometimes do something about it (the assessment company), I've been on another forum where people have been compensated etc. they do usually try and fob you off though but people have said you need to keep pushing it and some people take it to ICE(?) I think it is but they are backlogged and you can only do that once you've complained to the assessment company from what I've read.

It does sort of matter because who actually wrote the report then?! The person you saw or the person who's name is on the report? lol. The person on the report didn't assess you so I see why you are concerned. 

I'll be putting in a complaint myself once I get the decision from the DWP, 11 weeks later and still waiting.
  • gypsy
    My daughter is phoning again on friday as they told her phone friday or monday thankfully my friend was here as the assessor came in and babbled away that fast i didn't hear her (being hearing impaired) i told her i didn't hear what she said but she didn't repeat herself nor did she show her ID thingy , i asked if i could read what she's put as was told you can but she said no and that i should have read it while she was typing hmmm pretty hard to do that when the laptop was on her lap and i can't read and lip read at same time , i got the full lot today all the stuff they send to the appeal court wow... what a load of rubbish 1 it stated i lip read then it states i had good eye contact, 2 i walk alone to visit friends for coffee i live out in the sticks i'd never dream of walking 9 miles along a very busy A road even more so when there's no foot path, 3 it states i learn BSL but never use it lol i went to deaf school there's no deaf people in the small town near me, 4 i have good spoken English there's tons of wrds i can't pronounce , the list goes on and on worst of allwas the desigion ?? can't spell maker stating i don't help myself because i don't wear hearing aids made me feel so guilty number of reasons i don't one being they don't work for me im deaf in speech i don't hear words all hearing aids do is make sounds louder plus they always fall off my ears my ears are so small i look like dumbo , the wholel report contradics it's self , it states she ask me to do stuff but she didn't ask me to do any of them, feeling really down with all this don't know what to do how do people fight these people when theyhave more kick than we do ..... got to go through it all tomorrow and make notes but don't know where to start , there's 4 names in the paper work assessor and them that decided i should get PIP all confusing the heck out of me. no one round to help me . But yeah wil get it sorted out with the assessor herself and like you said keep on top of them .
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @gypsy - there seem to be two issues and I think it might be best to separate them.

Those that relate to the assessor being rude, not identifying herself, not knowing about RLS etc are annoying and upsetting - but they don't have any bearing on your claim.

Concentrate on the reasons why you believe that you should have been awarded PIP. Give examples of why you can't carry out the daily living tasks, and how you overcome the difficulties you have, and whether you need assistance.

If you have difficulty communicating then this would be Activity 7 and possibly Activity 9 "Engaging with people face to face"

I don't know how lip-reading fits in here - perhaps someone else might assist?
  • gypsy
    Hi all
    I had my assessment back in January woman came to my home babbled that fast i didn't catch her name neither did my friend  ask her slow down as I'm hearing impaired to which she replied of course i read your hearing impaired she didn't repeat what she said ggrr obviously she's had no deaf awareness training as she shouted ggrr which makes the face look angry and harder to lip read i asked her not to shout and so continued doing the assessment , The woman was rude and ignorant  and aggressive in tone after she went my  friend said to me that i was rather aggressive i only react to how I'm spoken to , I failed my assessment only got 2 points for my hearing loss felt really guilty as in the report it more or less said i don't help myself because i don;t wear hearing aids ( they make no difference they just make things louder I'm deaf in speech i don't hear words with or without hearing aids) she said she got me to do 4 different things i only did two stand on one leg to which i lost my balance  then ask me put my arms up my back something i've never been able to do due to shoulder restriction she asked how did i clean myself when i went to the loo told her like anybody else her reply was then you can put your arm up your back hmm slight difference from going up to going down i'd have thought . In the report it states i lip read then a few lines down said i had good eye contact lol and made a good rapport with the assessor haha! and the report stated that i chose not to wear hearing aids and that i Learnt sign language  as if i learnt it myself ( i went to deaf school) and that i don't use sign language daily hmm i live in a really small village no one here that uses sign language nor in the town near by the report also stated that i walk alone to go have coffee with friends uh-huh 8 miles away! i don't think sooo, i suffer with other disorders but non was took into account  i have a sleep disorder too on the report it states i sleep 6 to 7 hr a night when it should be 6 to 7 hrs a week  so of course that causes lots of other things too  , Annnnnnnyway get to the point i got the small assessment report stating the assessor's name on it then a few days later i got the full report which states time of arrival , time she was here , time she left and her name this is where it confuses me as the name is different to the short report and..... the name on the full report my friend has met her twice once when her sister was assessed and second time whe she herself was assessed most deffo NOT the woman that came here whos name is on the report surly that's given false info or something as it wasn't the woman that i saw . now im awaiting an appeal date :neutral: something im dreading as i suffer severe anxiety even going into town where i was born i have to dose myself up honestly don't think i'd make it to court , anyone knows what it's called when there's two different names of assessor when i only saw one and the other i know for sure wasn't who i saw . Sorry i've babbled on and thank you for reading x
  • gypsy
    ops i forgot i posted just put another one kind of repeated myself on some things only difference is i got the full report with the assessors name on it which is a lie as the name on it my friend has met twice once for her own pip assessment and 2nd for her sisters assessment deffo not the one that came here the full report states the time she arrived and time she left and the full assessors name (who didn't do my assessment) 
    as for lip reading im hearing impaired and have to lip read other wise i don;t catch whats been said if its someone that English isn't their first language then im totallly lost or if they're north of here im damned too in the report she put that i mix well with people haha lie..... i go out socilalising lie..... i hate being in groups i can;t keep up in the convo i got 2 points for deafness that's the whole report is lies both reports are different they contradict each other does read like two different people wrote them . as i said on one line it states i lip read then few lines down states i had good eye contact  of course i did i lip read . . the report states i sleep 6 to 7 hrs a night it should read i sleep 6 to 7 hrs a week i have sleep disorder which in turn causes other problems specially mental health and anxiety having a sleep disorder isn't something i'd wish on anyone i even gave up ironing as i fall asleep doing it i even fall asleep eating then wake up choking no mention of that in either reports apart from the ironing it states ironing not being took into account no metion of my eating so it's ok to choke , anyway in the full report its full of lies including the name of the assessor .
  • poppy123456
    ilovecats said:
    I think what may be confusing is that the initial assessment report and the MR are done by different people. Occasionally more than one HP will look at the MR and each time they have to complete a mini report with their opinion on. That may be why there are different names on the reports. 
    Your question about the different names on the reports was answered here 3 weeks ago.

What you should do now is concentrate on presenting your case for the Tribunal. Do you have help and support with all of this? This link will help you find what's available in your area for face to face advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Question answered here a few weeks ago on other thread. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/61449/pip-assessor#latest

• poppy123456
    Question answered here a few weeks ago on other thread. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/61449/pip-assessor#latest
  • poppy123456
  • gypsy
    Have tried all them on the list of Advicelocal non do my area apart from CA  who i don't really trust know plenty of people that's been to the one in my town nearby have no idea what they're doing . as said the name of the actual assessor on the actual assessment report isn't the one that i saw that's the main report that says your assessor's name is ..... bla bla  i've never seen .
  • gypsy
    im trying to find out if it's legal to put a name of assessor when i didn't see that assessor maybe i should scan and put on here for you to understand what i mean .
  • gypsy
    wasn't because no one's getting it , plus i thought it was longer than 3 weeks ago thought it was before i got the actual full report that gives the name of the assessor they claimed who did the assessment.
  • gypsy
    it wasn't because no one's getting it , plus i thought it was longer than 3 weeks ago thought it was before i got the actual full report that gives the name of the assessor they claimed who did the assessment.
  • poppy123456
    I know what you mean but if a different HCP looked at the report at MR stage then there will be a different name on the report. Any files you upload on scope must have all your personal information hidden for safety reasons.
  • gypsy
    On my full report............. it states time of arrival, time left, the time they were here and the full name of the Assessor who did my assessment and medical profession on which it gives her name..... the name it states is the same name who assessed my friend and my friend's sister  and most deffo NOT the one that came to my home i have two other reports the other two do give different name  i get what your  saying about different name who does the MR when my daughter phoned they told her the name of the assessor and told her the name which is on the full report (before MR) and she told them no way as the friend who sat with me has met her twice. i feel im going round and round trying to explain something no ones actually reading me............ :(:'(:'( i know im not great at explaining myself but have tried in so many ways 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    gypsy said:
    On my full report............. it states time of arrival, time left, the time they were here and the full name of the Assessor who did my assessment and medical profession on which it gives her name..... the name it states is the same name who assessed my friend and my friend's sister  and most deffo NOT the one that came to my home i have two other reports the other two do give different name  i get what your  saying about different name who does the MR when my daughter phoned they told her the name of the assessor and told her the name which is on the full report (before MR) and she told them no way as the friend who sat with me has met her twice. i feel im going round and round trying to explain something no ones actually reading me............ :(:'(:'( i know im not great at explaining myself but have tried in so many ways 
    Circle all inaccuracies using a red pen. It is possible another HCP took a look at your report. I’d call DWP on Monday to ask. 
  • gypsy
    did that and they still insist that this assessor who did my assessment is the woman who's name is on the full report  even though my daughter told them my friend has met her twice and was deffo not the person i saw they basically called me a liar we phoned dwp and capita as we were getting passed from pillow to post i've written out all the rubbish and lies on a seperate piece of paper done different ones to different colours etc! i have a name of the person that looked at the MR which i get... i have a short report about a page and half with a different name on and the full report which is about 15 pages long with the assessors name on and the whole thing which is about 120 pages long which is what DWP sent to the appeal courts i get copy of the first 3 all contradict themselves in the reports .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.