Introducing Parents Connect — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Introducing Parents Connect

Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team

Today we welcome Parents Connect to the community. Parents Connect is a six-week support programme that aims to offer parents of disabled children the opportunity to meet and talk with other parents in a local social setting, as well as providing information to help in the ongoing support of their children.

Meet the team:

My name is Katy, I am the Parents Connect Team Leader for London at Scope. The aim of Parents Connect is for parents of disabled children to build a support network, build resilience and learn useful information along the way. Parents Connect runs for six weekly two hour sessions in a London venue (we will run several in different areas).

I have worked for Scope since February 2017, I have a passion for inclusion, equality and standing up for people’s rights. Prior to working at Scope I worked for four years at a social integration charity as an Associate Manager in the Inclusion Team, making reasonable adjustments and supporting disabled people to become more independent and reach their full potential.

My name is Erika and I am the Course Facilitator for Parents Connect. Parents Connect will help build parents’ resilience, self-worth and connect each other in order to build a community and reduce isolation. I am Italian and I am also a mother of a boy who is in the autistic spectrum.

Please join us in welcoming Katy and Erika to the community. I'm sure they'll be a fantastic source of support to our parents in the months ahead.
Community Manager
Scope

Comments

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.