SHOPPING DELIVERIES UPDATE AND NEW INFORMATION — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SHOPPING DELIVERIES UPDATE AND NEW INFORMATION

Options
thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello every one got my shopping delivered yesterday. Along with a note attached from TESCO.

Stating the procedures they are doing to go bag less.  From 19th August.

I discussed the various concerns with the delivery driver yesterday.  Understood a lot of the issues and I myself explained some people are going to maybe have some problems.

So if you do not mind quote the leaflet I have in front of me .Not all of it just the important parts.

For certain products such as packaged raw meat . They will still need to be in hygiene bags, will need to use small bags if they can for some items.

All delivery drivers will be happy to take your items straight into the Kitchen.

So you won't need to unpack your groceries on your own.

Or if you prefer to receive your groceries at the front door . Our drivers can help you unpack into any bags you have ready.

I have difficulty with my hands. So he the delivery driver piles up the crates outside the kitchen as it small.

So there is no bending as he handed them to me one by one.  Any food items or shopping items.

I know this is something I have done since enrolling at TESCO.

One final point you can go on to the website any questions, or you think you need additional assistance.

With your delivery or collection.

tesco.com./help/groceries-faq .

Hope helps any one and answers any questions if you use TESCO.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks @thespiceman, this is great and so helpful.  Glad to hear that your experience with Tesco delivery has been so positive.  I use Tesco delivery from time-to-time and even although my husband deals with putting things away, it is still really helpful to know that the drivers can be of assistance too.  I'm sure many members will benefit from the "heads-up!"  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,655 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The less packaging they use the better IMHO
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness