Pip and mobility change in law — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and mobility change in law

billyandme
billyandme Community member Posts: 16 Connected
hello. I’ve been claiming pip for mental health since 2015
i receive the Dailey award £50 ish a week but do not get the mobility allowance. I believe I scored 4 points. I was diagnosed with bipolar and agrophobia. I see my physiatrist once every four weeks and my therapist CBT weekly.
my meds’ are as followed
Sertraline 100 mg
queitipine 100 mg
lamotrigine 100 mg x2
lorazepam 1 mg as required when I have to leave the house.
i have read that the law changed with regards to the mobility part of pip
so I was wondering if I should reapply for mobility.. 
i don’t want to lose my award so that has put me off in the past but I keep getting told by family to apply. Would it be a waste of time
many thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As you already have an existing award you can't re-apply. You can put in a change of circumstances for a worsening of condition but by doing this you do risk the award you already have. Another face to face assessment is most likely and you'll need evidence to support your claim.

Whether or not you're entitled to any mobility will depend how your conditions affect you, it's not about a diagnosis, or the medication you take.

Before reporting any changes then i'd advise you to get some face to face advice from an agency near you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • billyandme
    billyandme Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Thank you for your reply.. I probably won’t rock the boat as I really can’t afford to lose my award completely. I understand the dwp have been reviewing cases. Should mine be reconsidered or is it just a certain group of people that were having there claims reviewed ? 
    Have a nice day x

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    They are reviewing those that had a decision made on or before 28th November 2016. No face to face assessment is needed they just look at the evidence you sent and make a decision from there. Once a decision is made they will contact you. They are in the process of doing this but how long it will take to look through 1.6 million claims is anyone's guess.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.