Pip mr won — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip mr won

tinka1992
tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
Hi I just want say to people not to give up I applied for pip begin this year had assessment got 4points went for mr witch has taken 10weeks phoned up have been award pip not the middle but high rate till 2023 

Comments

• Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done you, just goes to show how wrong people’s assessments are and continue to be made, thanks for sharing you good news.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, well done! May i ask if you were awarded daily living and mobility or just daily living?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tinka1992
    No mobility but got high  rate daily living they scored me 4points before mr and now I have over 12points but wont know the amount until when I get letter but I know it over 12 to get high rate 
  • saz11
    saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    Fantastic news...i too was successful recently with my MR and it took 10 weeks. Its hellish waiting but here,s hoping we hear most success stories

To those still waiting on their decision hang in there .
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Brilliant news @tinka1992, thanks for sharing with us! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tinka1992
    Does anybody know when I will get my back dated money when does it get back dated to please 
  • saz11
    saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    @tinka1992

Hi i got my backdated money within one week of the decision.

Reading your thread this is a new claim for you, if so its normally backdated to when you first made your original claim. 

Hope this helps ?
  • tinka1992
    It was March I think when I got my fourm for pip 
  • poppy123456
    tinka1992 said:
    Does anybody know when I will get my back dated money when does it get back dated to please 
    Payment should have already been made and it take 3-5 working days to go into your bank so most likely Monday or Tuesday next week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    @tinka1992 may i ask if you claim any other benefits, if so which ones do you claim please? Your PIP award may entitle you to extra money but this will depend on your circumstances.
  • tinka1992
    I work part time and get unvical credit for help with rent I got told I get no extre support of money unvical credits told me x
  • poppy123456
    You were advised correctly, there's no disability premiums available with UC. If you're under 35 and live alone then you'll receive the 1 bedroom rate of local housing allowance for your rent instead of the shared rate. Otherwise it will remain the same.

Other things your award will entitle you to will be things like a CEA card for the cinema to take a carer for free, free carer entry into lots of attractions when showing your PIP award letter.
  • tinka1992
    Hi poppy I live with my partner and at moment have 2 bedroom flat on bidding list for 1bedroom as I get unvical credit and wages but unvical credits take advance loan out of my rent money so I'm topping my rent up 105pounds a month they only allow me 292 for 2 bedroom but because of loan they only pay 219 to rent 
  • tinka1992
    Sorry poppy could u help me with this my medcation gets review at mental health every 8weeks they may be moving my medcation to something different do I have to inform pip as I am worried as I just won mr my worker says not to but I am not sure about this 
  • poppy123456
    tinka1992 said:
    Sorry poppy could u help me with this my medcation gets review at mental health every 8weeks they may be moving my medcation to something different do I have to inform pip as I am worried as I just won mr my worker says not to but I am not sure about this 
    No, you don't need to inform DWP about medication change.
  • poppy123456
    tinka1992 said:
    Hi poppy I live with my partner and at moment have 2 bedroom flat on bidding list for 1bedroom as I get unvical credit and wages but unvical credits take advance loan out of my rent money so I'm topping my rent up 105pounds a month they only allow me 292 for 2 bedroom but because of loan they only pay 219 to rent 
    You'll be entitled to 1 bedroom rate for your rent. As UC is a monthly payment then any loan repayment reduces the whole amount. Also because you work, if you don't have limited capability for work with UC and you don't have dependent children then you won't have a work allowance. This means that your UC payments will be reduced because of your earnings.

One thing i did forget to mention because you're claiming the daily living part of PIP your partner can claim the carers element in UC. No claim for carers allowance is needed. All you need to do to claim this is report changes on your journal and tell them your partner is caring for you for at least 35 hours per week. This will increase your UC amount by £160 per month.
  • tinka1992
    tinka1992 said:
    You'll be entitled to 1 bedroom rate for your rent. As UC is a monthly payment then any loan repayment reduces the whole amount. Also because you work, if you don't have limited capability for work with UC and you don't have dependent children then you won't have a work allowance. This means that your UC payments will be reduced because of your earnings.

One thing i did forget to mention because you're claiming the daily living part of PIP your partner can claim the carers element in UC. No claim for carers allowance is needed. All you need to do to claim this is report changes on your journal and tell them your partner is caring for you for at least 35 hours per week. This will increase your UC amount by £160 per month.
    But with my earning will this stop him getting carers x
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2019
    Not carers allowance. It's called carers element and there's no earnings threshold to be able to claim this, like there is with carers allowance. You also don't need to claim carers allowance to be able to claim the carers element.  See link. https://revenuebenefits.org.uk/universal-credit/guidance/entitlement-to-uc/elements/#Carer element Providing your partner doesn't claim the LCWRA element then they can claim the carers element.

• poppy123456

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.